Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

Joakim_Spinglefarb said:

I did some finagling around with the cvars and found that "pm_runspeed" is set to 400 and "pm_sprintspeed" is set to 500. Now two things I've noticed are that 1) you move faster going forward than you do left, right or back and 2) if you bind "_sprint" to shift, it doesn't do anything to your speed. That means that "forward" is also set to "sprint".

Some weapons seem to disable sprinting when firing (plasma rifle, chaingun, Heavy AR, Gauss Cannon, etc), but I've also noticed that the single player portion of this seems to be based on a MUCH older build and the multiplayer portion is actually a more recent build (not Conan O'Brian recent, but a LOT newer than the campaign mode in the Alpha) since firing the plasma rifle while moving didn't seem to slow me down any in multiplayer.

Thanks man, I think they confirmed that Conan O'Brien was playing a much older build.

Hofmann said:

Thanks man, I think they confirmed that Conan O'Brien was playing a much older build.

Well that's the thing, by this point, they're in crunch mode working 12-hour days as fast as they can to get everything up and running. So, if I were to guess, the Conan O'Brian build is about a month old just so that they could get everything at LEAST playable for the meatheads who were playing it (hence the screen tearing present in those videos).

Unsurprisingly, Bethesda is not thrilled about this thread. I have edited out all images / videos / pastebins that contain copyrighted content. I'm closing this now since this thread is more trouble than it's worth.