Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
antares031

Payback Time: "I thought it was really impossible to beat."

The idea of this level was originally designed as one of the candidates for Ludicrium. But it was scrapped since it was literally impossible to beat the level, and I thought I'll never use this gimmick forever. Until today, after Linguica released this beauty, I decided to bring this gimmick back to life. So here it is, a speedmap with unbeatable level design. I hope to see the UV-Max demo of this level within 4 duodecillion years. And yes, actually, I beat this level on HNTR during the test. So try lower difficulty if you really want to beat it. But I'll only accept demos with UV-Max. :P

PROTIP: To beat this level, kill all monsters at once. Easy job, isn't it?

By the way, It has limit removing compatibility, and it was tested with ZDoom, and PrBoom+. And it takes MAP07 slot of Doom II.

Download Link: Click Here

Beat it on UV :D

I first run it on GZDoom, and I thought that it could be beatable but I wasn't sure. Demo recorded on cl 9.

Spoiler

I thought that if I could make all the viles stay in my sight or without letting them spread around me I could eventually kill them all. It was quite long and in the middle I was screwing it up a bit but I did it in the end.

Awesome location!

FDA. Second try though. First was in zDoom and that was 3:07; this was in PrBoom+ -complevel 2 at 2:04. It's not nearly as bad as that chain reaction map from Ludicrium which I still don't know what I did to win, but at least this one didn't reduce framerates to .1/s. Fun map and looked nice too.

*Edit*
Heh, I enjoyed this enough to try to optimize my time; prolly could still do better, but this is as far as I'm gonna take it (1:38). I'd like to see how low better players here can take it.

gaspe said:

Fonze said:

...Heh, I enjoyed this enough to try to optimize my time; prolly could still do better, but this is as far as I'm gonna take it (1:38). I'd like to see how low better players here can take it.

Thanks for the FDAs. I'll be honest. I thought it was really impossible to beat on UV. But well, you guys proved that I was totally wrong. Great job! Maybe I was too generous to boost BFG, since it won't make players to use hitscan weapons so I can demonstrate the new blood splat effect for vanilla doom. But It's not a big deal, actually.

Fonze said:

...that chain reaction map from Ludicrium which I still don't know what I did to win...

The goal of chain reaction is simple; wait for 45 seconds. I gave a hint about it with automap which shows 45-shaped secret areas. And here's a tip:

Spoiler

If you brought a rocket launcher from previous level, you can just commit suicide so you don't need to worry about frame drop. xD

Ah, silly me; my mind got lost in the semantics of First Demo Attempt rather than First-try Demo Attempt, which I realize now is what that stands for. My mistake.

antares031 said:

The goal of chain reaction is simple; wait for 45 seconds. I gave a hint about it with automap which shows 45-shaped secret areas. And here's a tip:

Spoiler

If you brought a rocket launcher from previous level, you can just commit suicide so you don't need to worry about frame drop. xD

Ah, that explains a lot. I figured the goal wasn't to shoot them but I didn't know what I had done to exit the level because I learned pretty quickly to have IDCLEV on speed dial (in my brain) Also, lol about the suicide-exit.