Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NaZa

The Race to The Teleporter [MM MAP01 remake] [MORE FUN ADDED]

So, the release of my Memento Mori MAP01 remake, my favourite MAP01 after Into the Gate and The Gateway, is now! I had a lot of fun remaking the map and I hope to give you a good dose of fun and tensity...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3abk7prb1adgak/telerace.wad

The Race to the Teleporter

Monsters: 123
Items: 111
Secrets: 4

Expected time estimate: 5 minutes

FDAs welcome!

Also the music is still not done, but a placeholder...

More fun and tensity added!

You can fix the light by going to "Make Sector" Mode in your map editor and clicking on the sector next to the error. If it doesn't help, manually draw sectors to surround the broken linedef, delete them and remake their content from scratch.

FDA. Too much symmetry, somewhat inconsistent amounts of detail, camping is the primary strategy throughout, apparently non-foolproof timed closed doors, cluttered monsters in the last outdoor area, and of course the unoriginal layout and nothing much interesting done to it aside from increased amount of detail. Not great, but OK.

scifista42 said:

You can fix the light by going to "Make Sector" Mode in your map editor and clicking on the sector next to the error. If it doesn't help, manually draw sectors to surround the broken linedef, delete them and remake their content from scratch.

Yeaa, tried that, didn't work. Seems to appear only in ZDoom...

scifista42 said:

FDA. Too much symmetry

I know that, but that's the map's design.

scifista42 said:

somewhat inconsistent amounts of detail

I tried.

scifista42 said:

camping is the primary strategy throughout

That's not how I designed the level to be played-there are some situations where camping doesn't help, such as the outdoor area.

scifista42 said:

apparently non-foolproof timed closed doors

They work excellent for me.

scifista42 said:

cluttered monsters in the last outdoor area

Do you say that since you died there or did you actually see that there are no monsters inside originally but they teleport in?

scifista42 said:

and of course the unoriginal layout and nothing much interesting done to it aside from increased amount of detail. Not great, but OK.

You win

does not finish | total time 8:12

I killed 78 monsters but the exit seems to be blocked, seems like sector 520 should lower somehow but no apparent way to do so. Tag 22 on lines surrounding sector 438 but has no corresponding sector, that might be something to do with the broken exit perhaps. Also linedef 1970 has no sidedefs and should probably be deleted, and linedef 1 has a bad texture name on its upper right side. Oh and the soldiers in the computer room at the start (before the first teleport) just stood there and let themselves be shot without turning round, which I found weird. I also missed a secret green armour which turned out to be at the start.

Yeah the soldiers where like that on purpose since they are too busy to shoot you (bad blocksound usage :p)

Okay I am very sorry that happened, I mistakenly forked the tag off, it should've lowered when you enter the switch room... the update is out in just a sec.

UPDATE: The same link!