Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Interactive computers

DooM_RO said:

The interactive terminals do not go hand in hand with the fast paced gameplay.

I don't really see the point in this. Searching for secrets also doesn't go hand in hand with fast-paced gameplay, and still they are no harm because they are completely optional. Interactive computers would work as well if they are optional.

From what I can tell, it looks like they'll serve a similar function to switches, which is fine. But it doesn't seem like there will be any in-depth interaction.

"slows down the gameplay"

but running along walls pressing space to find secrets or running around like a headless chicken in a labyrinth because you can't find the right way to the key is ok?

I don't want a game where I don't do more than running and shooting, I want to explore the levels and find some neat secrets and stuff

It's pretty clear by now that you'll get to do some exploring. DooM_RO commented that "detalis of the environment are built to be appreciated on the fly as opposed to the ones in Doom 3, which encourage the player to stop and look at them." That to me is an unfair assessment, because I found myself watching the E3 and campaign trailer footage over and over, trying to absorb as much as I could about the architecture and props. Doom 3 kind of forced you to admire the architecture because everything was necessarily cramped. Doom '16 environments, in almost shot, suggest that you could be checking out more than one area at any given time, and that there's much to see.

For people thinking that having a single action button makes this game a console port, is your memory bad or are you just ignorant? In Doom you literally would run around humping walls and doors by pressing a single key.

GoatLord said:

It's pretty clear by now that you'll get to do some exploring. DooM_RO commented that "detalis of the environment are built to be appreciated on the fly as opposed to the ones in Doom 3, which encourage the player to stop and look at them." That to me is an unfair assessment, because I found myself watching the E3 and campaign trailer footage over and over, trying to absorb as much as I could about the architecture and props. Doom 3 kind of forced you to admire the architecture because everything was necessarily cramped. Doom '16 environments, in almost shot, suggest that you could be checking out more than one area at any given time, and that there's much to see.

I think the details are made so that they can be appreciated while you are running, hence lots of big, chunky pieces. Of course you can stop and look at them but if you want to just blitz through the levels (like they want you to) the levels still have to look interesting and not make you feel like you are missing something. They said multiple times that everything you do and see in the game is tied to the speed.