Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gustavo6046

GMP 2:

Recommended Posts

GMP2 is on, and now we have more cool/bad MIDIs! I couldn't compose 4 good ones today, so I'll just show one good and three bad.

GMP stands for "Gustavo's MIDI Pack", and is a weekly collection of 4 MIDIs I compose during the week. GMP1 was months before actually, due to losered and tons of problems, but now I can return to musical world! :)

First, the three baddies (I have done one after one in a long interval, so you can cleverly see they improve with time, especially the one I just made, The Carpet):
1. Banthrax
2. Hard Rock Hard As Rock
3. [removed, don't click the link]

And lastly, the Great one! It's The Trap Carpet!

Since the browser can process these direct links directly, you can mess with configurations so it just opens directly a MIDI player like Media Player Classic: Black Edition to play it.

If you want to use it in WOOO 3, I have no problem with that. But if you want to use in a mega project, then I'll sincerely thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

This is just terrible. Random notes pulled together with rhythms that many times don't even have any sense.

Share this post


Link to post

You should stop mapping and composing.

No really, you awful. Just like IvanFeed on DoomPower.

Share this post


Link to post

Gustavo...

The internet is a harsh mistress. Similarly harsh are people who listen to and critique music on a near-daily basis, like many of us here.

If you're just starting out with making music and have yet to grasp what makes for a quality work, then for God's sake avoid putting your first attempts on the internet, where people have the power to insult and ridicule you.

I implore you to take the time to understand what good music does and doesn't do, if you're really serious about it. And I wasn't joking when I said learn an instrument. You might even find a vested interest in it and go on to do well out of music. But don't make these midis your debut appearance on the scene.

EDIT: I see something sort of salvageable in Hard Rock. The ideas in that just need to be blended with other ideas that don't clash with them.

Share this post


Link to post

This was the best midi thread posted yesterday in the W&M sub. Disregard the haters and keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Jimmy said:

Gustavo...

The internet is a harsh mistress. Similarly harsh are people who listen to and critique music on a near-daily basis, like many of us here.

If you're just starting out with making music and have yet to grasp what makes for a quality work, then for God's sake avoid putting your first attempts on the internet, where people have the power to insult and ridicule you.

I implore you to take the time to understand what good music does and doesn't do, if you're really serious about it. And I wasn't joking when I said learn an instrument. You might even find a vested interest in it and go on to do well out of music. But don't make these midis your debut appearance on the scene.

EDIT: I see something sort of salvageable in Hard Rock. The ideas in that just need to be blended with other ideas that don't clash with them.


So true. You know some people take this thing seriously and will not tolerate mediocre stuff, even if it is your first effort. I have been mapping for nearly 20 years and boy there were some challenges. Look at Joe-ilya's maps for example, they are okay but some people cannot stand them. I prefer dark classic-style maps.

Always someone out there looking to criticize in a harsh way sometimes, but there are also others looking to challenge you to get better. But despite the negativity deflect it and motivate yourself. We all know how excited we are when we create our first map or song.

Share this post


Link to post

Well Jimmy, the actual reason I do stuff is to share them, make people happy, make MYSELF happy with the hype for creating content, and getting mature. I can't just make something and make it private.

Also it seems some of you didn't hear the Trap Carpet one.

Well, for God's sake, I'll try to make as many MIDIs as possible to hone my skills with time before returning to the GMP series.

But even Jimmy makes music in a day in 30in30s, which buggs me o.O

EDIT: also who did remove the subtitle from the thread title?

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, these are shit. All of them. Shit.

Gustavo6046 said:

But even Jimmy makes music in a day in 30in30s, which buggs me o.O

Jimmy's very experienced with such things as music theory. You're not. That's the big difference.

Share this post


Link to post

I think I won't be winning anything anymore after having my ears tortured.

Since I actually won music competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

Well Jimmy, the actual reason I do stuff is to share them, make people happy, make MYSELF happy with the hype for creating content, and getting mature.



How old are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

IRC ages ago.

Yep, that's how the information got lost and forgotten ages ago and why everyone keeps asking now.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

Everyone keeps asking. I though I had already answered that question over IRC ages ago.


Sure, that was over IRC! But not there, in some threads, in profile. Nowhere on DW. So? We will keep asking each time as you tell us something... well, child-ish.

Share this post


Link to post

That's actually accurate, but it's almost ending, because in May I have birthday.

But to avoid this thread become a discussion about age and stuff, let's not bring it up here, ok? Or at least make another thread for it.

Share this post


Link to post
rdwpa said:

This was the best midi thread posted yesterday in the W&M sub. Disregard the haters and keep it up!


For about 2 seconds I was starting to think rdwpa hit his head... Best post ever.

Jimmy said:

Gustavo...

The internet is a harsh mistress. Similarly harsh are people who listen to and critique music on a near-daily basis, like many of us here.

If you're just starting out with making music and have yet to grasp what makes for a quality work, then for God's sake avoid putting your first attempts on the internet, where people have the power to insult and ridicule you.

I implore you to take the time to understand what good music does and doesn't do, if you're really serious about it. And I wasn't joking when I said learn an instrument. You might even find a vested interest in it and go on to do well out of music. But don't make these midis your debut appearance on the scene.

EDIT: I see something sort of salvageable in Hard Rock. The ideas in that just need to be blended with other ideas that don't clash with them.


Dude, Gustavo, you need to listen to people like this who are already good at what they do that actually take the time to even give you a second of their time, which is more of a loss to them. Show some respect, take a step back, and really read what the f*ck people like Jimmy or Pcorf are saying instead of just essentially ignoring great advice from people that know what they're talking about.

If you really must release your stuff, please do it in a way that is looking for help and guidance (that you'll actually listen to and learn from) rather than trying to "generate hype" over what literally everyone views as garbage. That hype will come around to bite you in the butt, if it hasn't already.

Share this post


Link to post

@Fonze, I ain't ignoring these good guys, they're giving me very important advice. I just don't have much to reply. It was the mistake JackGriffin commited in UT99.org of thinking I was ignoring him just because I wasn't replying to his help, that ended me up in his ignore list!

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

@Fonze, I ain't ignoring these good guys, they're giving me very important advice. I just don't have much to reply. It was the mistake JackGriffin commited in UT99.org of thinking I was ignoring him just because I wasn't replying to his help, that ended me up in his ignore list!

It's cool that you want to get in touch with people and create stuff but you have to understand one thing: We compare maps, songs, mods etc with other ones. And the quality is set pretty high. I have created some small maps myself but gave them up and won't release them because they aren't good enough compared to some awesome stuff I've played. There is also no shortage of Doom maps, there are thousands out there.

Personally, I don't want to see below "average" maps posted on the forum. This isn't 1994, the bar is set high.

At least you are a very bright kid, picking up tools like map editors, wad editors, image editors and midi editors so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
VGA said:

I have created some small maps myself but gave them up and won't release them because they aren't good enough compared to some awesome stuff I've played.

I think you should release them anyway, last thing you need to do when mapping is comparing your work to the work of those that have been mapping for years on end. I was reluctant for a long time to post something i had made. When i did it was received very well and those who played it noticed i was making an effort and just encouraged me to continue by telling me what i can improve.

Share this post


Link to post

Was really terrible, some wasted music that looks random and unrelated at all,and the fact it used my short name of my WIP Megawad Project made me cringe

Share this post


Link to post
sincity2100 said:

Was really terrible, some wasted music that looks random and unrelated at all,and the fact it used my short name of my WIP Megawad Project made me cringe


What WIP Megawad Project? Every Gustavo's MIDI Pack has that short name. Sorry but I can't afford to change the shortname because... it's a original name for the series!

The GMP series is already months old and this is just the 2nd release!

Share this post


Link to post
AD_79 said:

For reference he's around 12, iirc.

Gustavo6046 said:

That's actually accurate, but it's almost ending, because in May I have birthday.

So you lied when you signed up for the forums? It asks if you are 13 or older.

Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13.

Share this post


Link to post
AD_79 said:

For reference he's around 12, iirc.


I gathered as much.


You are still pure and innocent Gustav. You will come to understand the ways of the internet in time. Until then get used to everyone telling you to piss off.

Share this post


Link to post

In ten years, you'll think back to your behaviour on Doomworld and make a really fucked up face. When you do, please take a picture and share it with all of us.

And you know what, Gustavo? Don't stop making maps. Don't stop making music. Keep making them until they don't suck. It takes time, effort, and thought to make good stuff, but failing a couple thousand times is how you get good.

But... ya don't need to share every single thing with everyone, you know?

Share this post


Link to post

On reflection, I am extremely glad I didn't have internet access when I was 12: it's likely I would have done something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

What WIP Megawad Project? Every Gustavo's MIDI Pack has that short name. Sorry but I can't afford to change the shortname because... it's a original name for the series!

The GMP series is already months old and this is just the 2nd release!


mine is a year and a half year long!

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't see that "when presing that button" warning and I don't remember what age I put when registering. I didn't pay attention when I was registering. I just put the information I wish.

IIRC, guys that have 14 years today have born in 1992 according to my math.... Maybe it failed? I only remember month and day of my birthday, May 16. And yes, I had parental approvance to register here, even with they questioning violence concepts beyond my imagination.

But at least for some time I wasn't disrespected for being a.......

Also what of a trainwreck became here, let's just hope GMP 3 comes with better musics.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×