Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

Vispire - a collection of 17 speedmaps I made in 2013-2016 - Now Released!

Played 3 maps so far, fun, unconventional style.

MAP02 has a mancubus stuck in a wall, that maybe shouldn't be there at all.

On MAP02 on both of these tunnels all the MIDSPACE lines aren't impassable so you can get stuck into the pits behind them.

MAP10 was my favorite! felt like someones been playing Alien Vendetta lately!!

How do you get the yellow key on MAP15?

40oz said:

How do you get the yellow key on MAP15?

It's that silver lift on the southeast part of the map; walking through that temporarily lowers the yellow key. I meant to make that much more obvious but never got around to it.

Also fixed that midspace issue, thanks.

Pretty cool set overall. Maps 10,13 and 15 are my favourites. I found these things while playing on PRBoom+ cl2:
-MAP10: the two cacodemons (things 127 and 128) were stuck, I guess it's some problem with those self-referecing sectors
-MAP15: I could pick up the soulsphere without accessing the secret. The sectors tagged 12 in the closet with 3 barons should be doors and not raised floors, those monsters didn't teleport into the map as the trigger doesn't release them.

Updated first post with the latest release - this time adding two more levels (MAP16 & 17) with deathmatch areas added to both. This will likely be my last update before an idgames release - so be sure to let me know if there's anything that could use some tweaking/fixing or any other errors in general.

The last 2 maps are really fun, like the other stuff. MAP16 in some parts gave me a sort of a Hell Revealed vibe. It's a very good conclusion of the wad.

Cool to see new maps from you, valkiriforce. I'll join others in saying that they are indeed fun to play through.

We have decided to play this WAD for this week's Thursday Night Survival on ZDaemon and it sure would be nice to see the WAD creator join us. Of course, everyone else is invited as well!

Somehow I forgot to add exits to the deathmatch areas of MAP16 & 17, so I updated the link once more.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

D_VICTOR music is in the wad twice.

Indeed, that is odd. I removed them both. Thanks for that.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

We have decided to play this WAD for this week's Thursday Night Survival on ZDaemon and it sure would be nice to see the WAD creator join us. Of course, everyone else is invited as well!

Ah, that ought to be interesting. Never been a part of Thursday Night Survival, so I'm unfamiliar with how it works. Glad to see you guys are willing to give it a shot though; should prove interesting!

valkiriforce said:

Ah, that ought to be interesting. Never been a part of Thursday Night Survival, so I'm unfamiliar with how it works.

Joining is as easy as downloading ZDaemon and finding the most populated server on Thursday evening :>

As to how it actually works... TNS does have its specifics but I don't want to ruin fun for everyone, it's certainly better to see for yourself...

The session starts at 19:00 GMT (15:00 EDT) which is 9 minutes from the time I write this reply and usually lasts for 6-8 hours, sometimes longer.

As promised, I'm just going to mention the MAP16 issue here. From the short ledge in front of the blue wall, it is possible to step on the sectors where railings end and then up on the blue wall and ascend all the way to exit. Probably the easiest solution would be to make the railing posts sectors' linedefs impassable... or playing around with heights is an alternative.

Maybe it's also possible to lure an arch-vile to the starting area and finish without any keys. I hope it is, sounds fun. :)

Simple fun that presents a mild challenge without going to obnoxious levels with it that inevitably aggravate me to the point of breaking something (RIP mouse, RIP HDD...), something I've recently felt has been lacking in a lot of WADs...Thanks for this.

rhinoduck said:

As promised, I'm just going to mention the MAP16 issue here. From the short ledge in front of the blue wall, it is possible to step on the sectors where railings end and then up on the blue wall and ascend all the way to exit. Probably the easiest solution would be to make the railing posts sectors' linedefs impassable... or playing around with heights is an alternative.

Ah, I was wondering how it was being beaten so quickly - I'd forgotten about those posts. I've since blocked each side of it now, thanks.

kuchitsu said:

Maybe it's also possible to lure an arch-vile to the starting area and finish without any keys. I hope it is, sounds fun. :)

Interesting enough, I did forget to add block lines to the teleporter in the red key area, so I tried giving this a shot. I wasn't able to blast high enough to reach the platform, though. Not sure if it's any different or the same in other source ports, so who knows.

Eris Falling said:

Simple fun that presents a mild challenge without going to obnoxious levels with it that inevitably aggravate me to the point of breaking something (RIP mouse, RIP HDD...), something I've recently felt has been lacking in a lot of WADs...Thanks for this.

Glad to see you guys enjoyed it - it was great fun joining in the other day. :) I was certainly surprised to find this so soon on TNS; I never thought I'd be playing these levels online one day while I was still working on them. It was very rewarding.