- D3 Fullshadows 1.4 (Dafama2K7);
- 1024x1024 jumbo size monsters skins (Sadicimus);
- 1024x1024 textures 1.3 (Dafama2K7);
- Enhanced particle effects;
- Improved A.I. (Realism Mod by Strelok);
- New weapon animations (S.T.A.R. 1088 by Chimueloeldragon2011);
- Double Barrel Shotgun from RoE.
Link : http://www.moddb.com/mods/absolutehd

This looks pretty awesome but it would likely make my shitty PC explode if I tried to play it.

The reload animation for the smg or w/e is silly... Otherwise, very nice.

Does this work with BFG? I'm trying to find some for it.. God it looks awful..

"HD Remaster"... "Low budget cash grab."

Bezerkr1 said:

The reload animation for the smg or w/e is silly... Otherwise, very nice.

No kidding, I understand improving some of the animations but why make it take 3x longer to reload? I assume this only works for vanilla Doom3 but the site doesn't make it very clear.

The blood splatters on the screen look like they'd get super annoying, as well. What's going on anyways, is it in my eyes? Why penalize the player for killing enemies in a combat-focused game?

You can turn the blood off, but it is really annoying and just sort of a dumb thing to even include. It also lasts too long. I remember it being vaguely annoying in Republic Commando, too, which had it as a default feature. But usually the screen cleared the blood really quickly.

The oil/blood splatters from Republic Commando cleared as fast as you vibro-bladed twice in a row, i don't remember it bothering me too much even though i abused melee and the shotgun.

Yeah, the blood didn't really need the reflective-ness, it looks too much like the decorative reflective blood in some of the Quake 3 Arena maps.

Does this have the ridiculously tough enemies? I remember one of the HD mods for Doom 3 also included gameplay "tweaks", one of which was to make the monsters insanely hard to kill. Unless you were adept at unloading full magazines from the chaingun or plasma gun into their heads the bosses were next to impossible to beat, totally ruined the game.

That thing of blood on your visor makes no sense, since you don't wear a helmet in D3, why add that?
Other than that, i rather have those high-poly models in a individual pack and a weapon rebalancing mod as well, than all those fancy things and such.

So, i decided to download the mod, but whenever i try to run a map it just brings me back to the Main Menu, i'm using an AT Radeon HD7750 which should be able to handle it , any solution ?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

So, i decided to download the mod, but whenever i try to run a map it just brings me back to the Main Menu, i'm using an AT Radeon HD7750 which should be able to handle it , any solution ?

Haven't tried the mod.

Try loading a map again, then take a screenshot of what the console says. Should say why it is not starting.

A Screenshot for Main Menu ? , that's what i got, not sure if it's because i failed to run the Mod in an appropriate way or if it's just something else causing it .

Do i need to put it in a separate folder or just in base folder ?

A great mod. Had to tweak the graphics setting a bit though since I was getting some graphics bug.

What I like the most about the mod is that it actually makes the game play different. It's just not just a graphics mod. They have made movement much slower and made it so that you can't really hit anything if you are moving. You need to slowly and steadily progress through the levels and make your shots count. I know that doesn't sound very Doom like but it works perfectly from Doom 3's setting. I may actually replay the game now.

EDIT: Oh, and the imps can actually kick your ass now.

Having played the mod some more I feel it isn't free of some shortcomings. Performance is crap even on my fairly beefy machine, so I had to down some graphics settings down to get a stable framerate.

Weapon balance also seems to feel somewhat off. The shotgun is now way better than before and the machine gun not that useful at all because of the wide spread. It's almost useless at long range now where as before the machine gun was one of the best long range weapons. And why do you get the SSG so early in the game?

hardcore_gamer said:

Having played the mod some more I feel it isn't free of some shortcomings. Performance is crap even on my fairly beefy machine, so I had to done some graphics settings down to get a stable framerate.

Well that's not really surprising to me, Doom 3 is an old game and it's likely not optimized well enough for such higher resolution graphics.

Avoozl said:

Well that's not really surprising to me, Doom 3 is an old game and it's likely not optimized well enough for such higher resolution graphics.

I am playing at 1440p resolution so the problem was very bad for me. Lowering AA and turning off soft shadows fixed most of the framerate problems for me though. My only real beef is the inaccurate machine gun. They almost completely ruined the gun! Can't hit shit with it anymore.

EDIT: I am really close to losing patience with this mod at this point. Frame stuttering is back and doesn't go away even with most graphic settings set to low or off. The weapon unbalance is also worse than I originally thought. The plasma gun has been given the same treatment as the machinegun and now can't hit anything that isn't directly in-front of it because of massive spread. SSG is massively OP and can one-shot dudes across vast distances making the other guns almost pointless. Why did they feel the need to mess with this?

I was going to replay the game with this mod but now I don't really want to.

hardcore_gamer said:

EDIT: I am really close to losing patience with this mod at this point.The weapon unbalance is also worse than I originally thought. The plasma gun has been given the same treatment as the machinegun and now can't hit anything that isn't directly in-front of it because of massive spread. SSG is massively OP and can one-shot dudes across vast distances making the other guns almost pointless. Why did they feel the need to mess with this?

Because this:http://www.moddb.com/mods/star1088/downloads/ceds-assets-pack

Did anyone try the fix? The patch that removes most of the gameplay mods and leaves the graphics upgrades?

I wanted to play it. I downloaded it. Then realized I didn't have the correct version of Doom 3.

Face23785 said:

Did anyone try the fix? The patch that removes most of the gameplay mods and leaves the graphics upgrades?

I honestly find the gameplay changes far more interesting than the graphics updates, which are only so so after you have turned many of them down in order to actually have a playable framerate. And it's not like my PC is crap with it's 8GB of ram and a GTX 970.

I think my earlier complaints against the new weapon balance may have been a bit misguided. It's true that the machine and plasma gun now have a crazy spread, but I just realized a few things I did not know before:

1.If you aim down sights (a new feature) you are much more accurate.

2. I could just be imagining things but I think the machine gun fire rate could be faster than before, so at close range it can kill enemies faster than in the vanilla game, allowing for some interesting tactical choices.

3. The fact the plasma gun now has more spread actually makes it easier to use against certain enemies like lost souls which previously would have been almost impossible to hit with the plasma gun.

All in all I think the gameplay changes in the mod add new depth to the gameplay which did not exist before. I also see that the sikkimod settings allows you to tweak all kinds of gameplay variables, but I haven't messed with those personally except for the one that allows me to kill the cyberdemon with normal weapons :->