Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyTheWolf

How to remove armor/health cap?

One thing that frustrates me to no end in Doom is the fact that you can still pick up armor and health bonuses after getting to 200, which means they go to waste if you accidentally walk on them.

Is there a way to remove the 200 cap? I know Brutal Doom did it, but I am not sure how.

In DEHACKED, you can do it in the Misc table, by raising MaxHealth and MaxArmor constants to an immensely high value. If you're making your wad specifically for ZDoom, you should rather do it via DECORATE, by replacing HealthBonus and ArmorBonus classes by new classes derived from them with Inventory.MaxAmount properties raised to an immensely high value, too.

I'd like to know how to remove monster cap, I've built my first map and some monsters didn't show up on my play through. With the monster cap it made my map too easy.

There is no monster cap. Maybe you unintentionally gave them such difficulty flags to not appear on the difficulty you were playing on. Or a "Multiplayer" flag, which in fact makes things not appear in singleplayer.