Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

[3DGE] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.2)

"* New weapon: Assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher *** REMOVED ***"

Why bring it up if it is ultimately not included of the mod?

It's a changelog, mostly for myself to keep a track on what I've done but also for others who may be interested in what has changed. The assault rifle was present for quite a long time before I ultimately removed it.

'cos I wasn't pleased with how it turned out. The sprite itself was way too big and didn't quite mesh with the rest of the art style, no hands, the muzzle flash didn't look good and it just overall didn't "feel" right when used in-game.

I'm well aware of that mod and its resources. The assault rifle was part of the secondary attack concept, but like I said it didn't turn out so good. I won't be putting it back in.

Since this was bumped, I figured I would share this gameplay video I did a month ago.

This is ONE of my favorite 3DGE mods and was the reason I started getting to 3DGE in the first place.

New version now available. Will not work properly with recent builds of 3DGE. Until certain bugs are fixed, 3DGE 2.0.4 Final is the one I recomended.

Well, after a short hiatus another update has been uploaded to moddb. It might very well be the last update to this mod. Biggest new addition is the incinerator weapon (yes, I was able to squeeze yet another gun into the mod). Most of these changes were done quite a while back, hopefully everything works as it should and I haven't left anything unfinished.

Get it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-it-out-in-doom/downloads

To date, this is my favourite mod out all the ones I've done (and I've sure pumped out a few duds in my time) while not the most original it is the one I'm most proud of. And I've been modding DOOM for about 20 years.