Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

rdwpa said:

You aren't a monster.

Right. Sorry. The linedef is in a different sector with the monsters and an impassable wall. The second linedef is in a hall. I want the monsters to teleport to the sector when I trip the second linedef.

This is where the iddt cheat comes in handy. Use it twice, and you'll be able to see every monster on the auto-map. If the monster is walking back and forth in your monster closet, it means the teleport line isn't set up correctly. If the monster isn't walking, it means it either hasn't been woken up (in which case you need to join the sector to a sector where you know the player is forced to shoot), or the door didn't open.

It works for me. Those monsters are flagged 'deaf', however, so if the player doesn't move in their los, they won't be triggered, ever.

The setup is somewhat questionable. The monsters can fire through the "solid" wall and be killed as well, before the trap is triggered.

Cynical said:

This is where the iddt cheat comes in handy. Use it twice, and you'll be able to see every monster on the auto-map. If the monster is walking back and forth in your monster closet, it means the teleport line isn't set up correctly. If the monster isn't walking, it means it either hasn't been woken up (in which case you need to join the sector to a sector where you know the player is forced to shoot), or the door didn't open.

So I opened up the prompt and typed iddt and it said it was unknown.

So... I got them working and I changed them so they aren't, "deaf". I sealed the six FSgts in a grid so they are not killing each other. Now... I want them to come out of two teleports, but they always come out the same one.

http://imgur.com/E66AGWP

everennui said:

So I opened up the prompt and typed iddt and it said it was unknown.

If you're testing in ZDoom, the commands are all different.

In Vanilla/Chocolate/Crispy or Boom variants, you just type "iddt". No console; just type the phrase.

Technically you can use IDDT in ZDoom, too; I certainly do, all the time. But yeah, it's not a console command; you just type it in, in-game, while the automap is up, a la how IDDQD or IDKFA work.

If you absolutely have to use the console, it's the variable AM_CHEAT. 1 and 2 are equivalent of typing in IDDT into the automap once and twice, respectively; 3 shows bounding boxes of Things; 4 hides lines marked as "hide on automap". I think 5 also does something, but I forget what. The default, 0, turns all the automap cheats off.

I used different tags as suggested and it worked. I also entombed the monsters in a honeycomb sector so they won't kill one another before I get the chance. Thanks, guys!