Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

[ZDOOM] LC's Eri-Guns mod

This was originally made for my own personal use, but I figured I should just release this for everyone else to enjoy.

It's supposed to be a simple single-player weapons mod for ZDoom (version 2.8.0 as of this writing). This mod should work for the latest version of GZDoom as well.

This mod uses Eriance's guns and the original Eriguns wad by Xaser as a base. It's a very simple weapons mods. There are new weapons that behave almost like the original Doom weapons. The fists, pistol, combat shotgun, machinegun and plasma gun have a secondary kick function. Player character is female. Why? Because the original character from Eriance's Demon Eclipse was supposed to be female, if I remember correctly.

LC's Eriguns - Version 2a

EDIT: This mod has been recently updated. You now have the option to play as the regular ol' Doomguy. The Super Shotgun sound bug should be fixed. The machinegun ammo counter bug is fixed. The rocket launcher sprite bug is fixed too. Thanks to Captain J from the ZDoom forums for helping with the ammo counter bug.

There's also a secret weapon. It's more of a test weapon, really. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want to actually keep it. It's actually a port of a weapon from a canceled Doom mod I made a while ago.

Download it and let me know what you think! Also, please let me know whether or not I should add that secret weapon in to the mod or get rid of it.

Good stuff, I prefer some guns from the original Eriguns and some in this one.

I think I may convert them to dehacked, if I can make their behaviour interesting.

I really enjoy what you've done, i don't normally use gun mods but this one is a loooot of fun. The pistol is super satisfying to use as is the SSG.

Thanks for playing the mod everybody. Glad you guys enjoy it.

joe-ilya said:

When you shoot with the machinegun while wearing partial invisibility, the green numbers aren't converted.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix that unfortunately.

Thanks for this, very cool! Great feel overall, nice choices made.

My bits of feedback, for the pistol I'd prefer if holding down the button continued firing. And I'm not that into the pistol sound effect. Also, would be awesome to have an option of akimbo pistols.

I don't like the feel of this gatling gun, I prefer the normal one (or SmoothDoom version). I do like the assault rifle/machine gun though. What determines which one you'll get? I tested it on one map I knew had a gatling gun pickup, and here it was replaced with the assault rifle.

Other than that, no complaints! Great stuff.

I don't have sprites for akimbo pistols so that won't be added. I personally like having the pistol being actually semi-automatic. I feel like it helps differentiate between the other bullet weapons. However, I may add back the original "hold down the button to shoot" option for the pistol if enough people request it. The original Eriguns had that option. The Gatling Gun is dropped by the Spider Mastermind. I think the main difference with the Gatling Gun is that it's stronger than the machinegun.

PsychoGoatee said:

Thanks for this, very cool! Great feel overall, nice choices made.

My bits of feedback, for the pistol I'd prefer if holding down the button continued firing. And I'm not that into the pistol sound effect. Also, would be awesome to have an option of akimbo pistols.

I don't like the feel of this gatling gun, I prefer the normal one (or SmoothDoom version). I do like the assault rifle/machine gun though. What determines which one you'll get? I tested it on one map I knew had a gatling gun pickup, and here it was replaced with the assault rifle.

Other than that, no complaints! Great stuff.

It's not replaced, its just on the same slot than the assault rifle, i do tend to switch to AR more than gatling gun, because while the gatling is stronger it also use 3 bullets per shots.

Also you'll find the missile launcher from the cyberdemon, shoots 2 homing missiles, super fun to use.

LC's Eriguns: Version 2a

Hi guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but I updated the mod. You can now play as the original Doomguy in this mod. It's nothing too drastic gameplay wise. It just changes the sounds, the HUD graphics and the player sprites back to the regular ol' Doomguy. The Super Shotgun sound bug should be fixed. The machinegun ammo counter bug is fixed. The rocket launcher sprite bug is fixed too. Thanks to Captain J from the ZDoom forums for helping with the ammo counter bug.

There's also a secret weapon. It's more of a test weapon, really. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want to actually keep it. It's actually a port of a weapon from a canceled Doom mod I made a while ago.

There's a tiny mod that was thrown into the video for the hell of it, but that is its own separate thing, not a part of this mod. It was originally for the 64KB mod contest at the ZDoom forums, but I have no idea what's going on with that thing.

Download it and let me know what you think! Also, please let me know whether or not I should add that secret weapon in to the mod or get rid of it.