Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Deep Water (Legacy style)

Well, I actually got deep water working in Doom Legacy. Currently I am just screwing around with E1M1 in Doom1.
I am trying to get the pool of acid out in the courtyard (that has the blue armor in the middle of it) to be about -40 deeper. The control sector has the same ceiling height and the appropiate depth. The sky is F_SKY1 and the floor is FLOOR4_8. I tagged both sectors and then made sure everything was right. Then I loaded up Legacy. Very strange. Everything but the pool of acid was in a water block.
The effect was nice. But something wasn't/isn't right.
Help?

DoomBoy, does the Legacy water effect work the same way as the swimmable water in zdoom? If it does, did you get a look at that water example wad I sent you? With the zdoom method, you do not "tag both sectors". One of the lines of the control sector is tagged the same as the sector where the player is to go into water, and the line is set to transfer heights.

The ceiling height of your control sector need to be where you want the top of your water, its floor the bottom of the water.
Make the sector where you want the water to appear be a hole of the correct depth (same as the floor of you control sector).

[shameless plug]
Check http://www.doomheaven.co.uk/ most of the Legacy levels there use deep water.
[/shameless plug]

Shameless plug #2
Check my sig. I gots tutorials for everything you could want to know about Legacy