Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mordecai32

Doom 3 Alpha Grey - Screen . Help ?

The title says it all , basically .

I have installed a patch i found on the internet , i tried everything i could , but it STILL keeps giving me that goddamn grey - screen , while the retail version runs fine .

I use AMD BTW .

Is there a way to fix this ?

mordecai32 said:

The title says it all , basically .

I have installed a patch i found on the internet , i tried everything i could , but it STILL keeps giving me that goddamn grey - screen , while the retail version runs fine .

I use AMD BTW .

Is there a way to fix this ?

AMD for graphics? The alpha is a touchy thing because it was basically designed to work on a specific computer being used at E3 to display it. I would expect it to work with NVIDIA hardware as that was what was being used. I'm not so sure about AMD.

Well i got an AMD and i'm not getting any errors , runs alright and smooth
Try replacing your DoomConfig.cfg (inside base folder) with this one, edit it with notepad to Change screen width and height (r_customheight, r_customwidth) :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7o6igcm5yxh8cc/DoomConfig.cfg

I Have also modifed controls to play just like Final version of Doom 3 (WASD for movement) .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Well i got an AMD and i'm not getting any errors , runs alright and smooth
Try replacing your DoomConfig.cfg (inside base folder) with this one, edit it with notepad to Change screen width and height (r_customheight, r_customwidth) :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d7o6igcm5yxh8cc/DoomConfig.cfg

I Have also modifed controls to play just like Final version of Doom 3 (WASD for movement) .

Installed that , but nope , still getting that pesky grey - screen .

Your drivers are either faulty or your copy of the alpha is corrupt. I played the alpha last night on my HD 7950 with 16X anisotropic filtering and 8XEQ Edge Anti Aliasing force from the Crimson Radeon Suite, works just as intended.

romulus_ut3 said:

Your drivers are either faulty or your copy of the alpha is corrupt. I played the alpha last night on my HD 7950 with 16X anisotropic filtering and 8XEQ Edge Anti Aliasing force from the Crimson Radeon Suite, works just as intended.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with that , DOOM 3 and BFG Edition run here just fine .

mordecai32 said:

I don't think that there's anything wrong with that , DOOM 3 and BFG Edition run here just fine .

What's your graphics card model ? , i'm running it alright on my HD7970 .

Hello, has the problem been solved? mordecai32? I have same problem here:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    doom.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp:    3d3d9d09
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_39b3

I downloaded it from http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/doom-iii-alpha-002-e3-demo/