• Mac OS X El Captain
    • Other version of Mac OS X
    • Linux Mint
    • Ubuntu
    • Fedora
    • Elementary OS
    • Debian
    • Other

Linux Mint (KDE) at the moment, though I'll probably be switching back to Kali when I get my new laptop; I can't use Windows because of the sensitive nature of the things I work on and by now I won't on principle alone. . . .same goes with Apple. :|

Not counting virtual machines: Just Arch Linux and Android.

JXC said:

Windows 8 is terrible. Vote in other.

Better than Windows 10.

Windows 8 desktop, Windows 7 laptop.
I have virtual machines with several different Linux distros installed; slackware, ubuntu, puppy linux, linux from scratch, maybe a few others that I don't user any more. I also have a DOS one and a FreeDOS one, along with DOSBox.

Basically I use Windows for day-to-day tasks and gaming, and other things for programming, running servers, research, and hacking.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I use Windows 10 and Linux Mint 15 primarily, but maybe 25% of the time I also use Windows 9x (mostly Me) in a VM.

I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now. My comp is about 8 years old and haven't had issues running anything including old programs like Wally and PhotoMax.. I was using XP and 7 previously and when it was time to do a OS reinstall I went for 10.

As far as blocking telemetry goes I started using Spybot's Anti-Beacon, which is also good for windows 7 and 8.

The PC, I'm using here at my job is running on Windows 7 professional. I love it, because everything still makes sense.

Windows 10 is just bad. I can't stand the way the creators of this software expect people to be perfectly content with them convoluting simple tasks. Why the fuck would you want to eliminate the Control Panel?

Bucket said:

I can't imagine how it takes a 2 minute video to say "right-click the Start menu".

it takes about 2 mins to do just about anything when you have to see through a barrage of bloatware apps. They rearranged the whole start menu to promote their bullshit apps, while removing useful ones from it. It doesn't even remind me of a real PC OS; it looks more and more like a smartphone.

EDIT: Actually the fucking start menu looks more like the xbox live dashboard.

I don't have any of that junk.
Win10 undid a lot of the obstruction that came with Win8, and all of the Start menu noise is removable. I don't believe I've spent more time tweaking it than I have with any new install.