Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonSphere

Doom E2 NM SPEED

It's always refreshing seeing new runners come out of nowhere and crush old records. Especially when it looks like speed demo activity is on the decline.

I feel like there is very little feedback/encouragement in the forums for speed running efforts compared to youtube. I can't say im not at fault for lack of feedback myself. I can't even recall how often I watch a demo and say to myself "wow, that was the sickest run ever! Is that even possible?! Must be tool assisted cause that was cheat-code-scary fast...
"Welp, Time for bed."

Then I just close my laptop and go straight to sleep, no comment or anything lol

Well it might have something to do with the fact it's not the fastest run of the category. Nice demo anyways.

On E2M6 you had 28 health with mega armor when you ran past a cacodemon to activate a switch, you took 15, 5, 5, 10, 5 damage which is some really amazing luck! also very nice switch press in the void.

A few things that should be mentioned:

The name should be e2nmXXXX, where the time XXXX does not include the .00 times like competition doom does. So the name should be e2nm0524.lmp.

Include a e2nm0524.txt with your demo, I'd recommend just copying the .txt from the current or previous record in the same category and replace the relevant information.

Add them both to a zip file with the same name (e2nm0524.zip) and use Attach file.

And mostly every doom wad has their own thread where the demo can be posted, for ultimate doom that would be here:
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/55560-ultimate-doom-demos-complevel-3/

ZeroMaster010 said:

On E2M6 you had 28 health with mega armor when you ran past a cacodemon to activate a switch, you took 15, 5, 5, 10, 5 damage which is some really amazing luck! also very nice switch press in the void.

A few things that should be mentioned:

The name should be e2nmXXXX, where the time XXXX does not include the .00 times like competition doom does. So the name should be e2nm0524.lmp.

Include a e2nm0524.txt with your demo, I'd recommend just copying the .txt from the current or previous record in the same category and replace the relevant information.

Add them both to a zip file with the same name (e2nm0524.zip) and use Attach file.

And mostly every doom wad has their own thread where the demo can be posted, for ultimate doom that would be here:
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/55560-ultimate-doom-demos-complevel-3/

Alright thanks for the help, I'm still pretty new to all this speedrunning stuff :P.

Indeed, always nice to see a new guy posting nice demos. My first demos were horrible and even now I would probably not be able to reach this level, so well done.

You're actually not too far from the current Compet-N record of 4:52 by Drew DeVore (all the way back in 2004) which is posted here. The DSDA database sometimes does not include the Compet-N records so in this case it's slower. Just in case you didn't know this.

Looking forward to more.

Kotzugi said:

Indeed, always nice to see a new guy posting nice demos. My first demos were horrible and even now I would probably not be able to reach this level, so well done.

You're actually not too far from the current Compet-N record of 4:52 by Drew DeVore (all the way back in 2004) which is posted here. The DSDA database sometimes does not include the Compet-N records so in this case it's slower. Just in case you didn't know this.

Looking forward to more.

That's 4:52 from e2m1 to e2m7, with e2m8's time excluded from the final as per CN convention. Drew's time is listed on DSDA with e2m8 included, right below the current sourceport record by Brian Martin.

PjSpartacus said:

It's always refreshing seeing new runners come out of nowhere and crush old records. Especially when it looks like speed demo activity is on the decline.

I feel like there is very little feedback/encouragement in the forums for speed running efforts compared to youtube. I can't say im not at fault for lack of feedback myself. I can't even recall how often I watch a demo and say to myself "wow, that was the sickest run ever! Is that even possible?! Must be tool assisted cause that was cheat-code-scary fast...
"Welp, Time for bed."

Then I just close my laptop and go straight to sleep, no comment or anything lol

j4rio said:

Well it might have something to do with the fact it's not the fastest run of the category. Nice demo anyways.

Ya, my previous comment was more of a generalization not specifically directed to this run.

rdwpa said:

That's 4:52 from e2m1 to e2m7, with e2m8's time excluded from the final as per CN convention. Drew's time is listed on DSDA with e2m8 included, right below the current sourceport record by Brian Martin.

Didn't know that, thanks.

DemonSphere said:

Yeah mine is including the m8 exit, m7 exit is at 00:04:38.97

Then by all means go for it. I don't know if Compet-N is currently running and what the rules are though.

Cheers

'Sup, DS. Glad to see you're having success so quickly. Now, on top of what the other guys said, be sure to grab a textfile template from one of the other people's demos and edit it accordingly, it's considered good manners. Many runners use their own custom textfile formats, so pick what you like, or make your own. The stdout made me laugh out loud in the office, heh.

And most importantly, attach demos to your post instead of linking to a sharing service! That way they won't rot away when the file expires or the service dies. Like this:

doom-speed-episode2-2016-02-20-22-35-56.zip