Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterTaffer

Doombuilder 2 - Passive Enemies Issue

Whenever I start up a new map in Doombuilder, enemy AI and everything seems to work normally (without saving). However, after I save the map as a new wad and go to test it again, enemies will stand still until you make a sound and still won't attack even if alerted. This happens with all wad resources, be it Doom2, Hexen, Heretic, ect. Any ideas on what's going on and how I can fix this problem?

(The source port I'm using is Zandronum)

For whatever reason, if your map in Doom Builder has only one sector, it builds a bad reject map that makes all enemies "blind" so to speak. The easy solution is to have at least two sectors, which is generally not much of a burden.

That's weird, but at least I know what the cause was now. Did a test with two sectors this time and that seems to have resolved it. Thanks for the help!

Isn't the problem that there's only one subsector? And having a single, concave sector should work, too?

I think I've once seen a map consisting of a single concave sector, and the result was that REJECT was still built incorrectly, although only in certain parts of the map (notably, in the most "central" subsector), while in other parts (subsectors) line of sight checking worked as it should have.