Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DF88

Green Imps or Purple Imps (Gimps or Pimps)

All the new screenshots and the latest gameplay has Pimps. Did ID drop Gimps or do they just have multiple enemy types?
If they dropped Gimps then damn they are unable to make a decision and stick with it. They had an official gameplay trailer with Gimps in it after e3. If there are none in the game and they are switching on decisions that late in development thats concerning.

Plus Gimps are far better.

Green Imps are gone. And no there won't be any "Hell" variants of Imps. I really like the new Imps. They look really close to their original design!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It would be better if it's completely brown with some "Chocolate brown" in it .

I actually tried doing that editing an IMP in photoshop, but it just doesn't look right, it doesn't stand out and it looks boring. I also gave him his red eyes back, but it didn't have a good result, then I realized that the yellow eyes and the purple skin is actually the best choice, from a designer point of view.

GoatLord said:

The "alpha" imps were scarier but the new ones are inventive and a bit alien looking. They've really grown on me.

I still prefer the "alpha" version of the imps, but thats because I've always been a fan of monsters without eyes. These new imps are alright though.

Imps in the E3 reveal were basically a scaled down, more agile versions of the Hell Knight. I liked them initially. .but they lacked personality. The new ones are great!

GoatLord said:

The "alpha" imps were scarier but the new ones are inventive and a bit alien looking. They've really grown on me.

Alien-like, yes. Demon-like, hell no. The same with the Mancubus but that's not as bad to me.

Enforcer said:

Imps in the E3 reveal were basically a scaled down, more agile versions of the Hell Knight. I liked them initially. .but they lacked personality. The new ones are great!

Precisely, I mean eyes are a lot where the expression is and the old imps had this red eyes that gave him a personality, kind of a menacing, focused and enraged personality I don't know if the lack of eyes really do the imp's personality justice.

Enforcer said:

Green Imps are gone. And no there won't be any "Hell" variants of Imps.

You know that why?

I am all for Gimps! Not the necessarely because of the color scheme, but I like the eye-less creepy version better.

Tetzlaff said:

You know that why?

I am all for Gimps! Not the necessarely because of the color scheme, but I like the eye-less creepy version better.

Why I know that? In that extra footage of Clueless Gamer you can easily see an Imp getting chainsawed and it's the "latest" Imp and it is a HELL level. Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/teamcoco/v...95628680496013/ . Of course we can also see them in the latest Singleplayer trailer. In hell and in the UAC facility they are the same. So no more variants.

Anyone remember the imps from Doom 64? They looked a lot like aliens, I remember they didn't have a mouth and that nightmare imps were bluish/purple.

These new Imps look like the result of combining the original imps with the imps from Doom 64 and I think it's a good one.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Oh,you're talking about that gameplay, i saw Zombies, Mancubus, Hell Knight but not an IMP .

What? The Imp is at 1:40

I hope we get all sorts of variants. We have seen Gray, Brown and Green imps from the E3/Quakecon screenshots and videos.

Zemini said:

I hope we get all sorts of variants. We have seen Gray, Brown and Green imps from the E3/Quakecon screenshots and videos.

A "Nightmare Imp" would be cool.

Enforcer said:

Why I know that? In that extra footage of Clueless Gamer you can easily see an Imp getting chainsawed and it's the "latest" Imp and it is a HELL level.

Yeah but isn't that a beta or even alpha version they are playing? Things like that can change.

Tetzlaff said:

Yeah but isn't that a beta or even alpha version they are playing? Things like that can change.

I think they were playing the latest build. Well at that time. No way it's an old build. The game should now be in late beta stages. Killing bugs, killing pop-ins, killing frame tears and stuff like that. They have less than 3 months left. And in game development 3 months is really a short time. No time to make any major changes

Adding some skins is not a major change though. And we already know the backend support for different variants of enemies is there because they've mentioned it in relation to snapmap.

Enforcer said:

What? The Imp is at 1:40

Oh i see, it looks like an alien though, not a demon (give it purple blood and you'll see :P ) .

AirRaid said:

Adding some skins is not a major change though. And we already know the backend support for different variants of enemies is there because they've mentioned it in relation to snapmap.

Ya we've seen recolors and different models, I really think were going to have a chance at mixing it up with the enemies, which will be nice.