Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xerge

Edited Doom campaign trailer

I don't have any video editing tools on my PC, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to put this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn6C6uiFo0 on the Doom campaign trailer and upload it to youtube or something, I think it would be cool to have that on youtube. The song fits strangely well.

That's a hella cool idea dude. I have some decent experience with video editing so I'll see if I can get it done tonight. Don't worry if it's not uploaded by tonight though, will probably up tomorrow if I decide to pursue this.

That was pretty awesome, thanks. If I get my hands on some decent video editing tools I might give it a shot and try making something like this.

That wasn't bad, I mean the editing is good, although the music choice sounds softer than what I would expect from a Doom trailer or a Doom game.

I love fan trailers like these!

Here are two more:

By Grizzlyred (recut Doom3 BFG trailer with D4 footage):

Doom 2016 Rocket man trailer by Dustin Kaufman:

@AwesomeO-789
Nice job on the cutting man. He certainly got what he asked for! :)

Ive been wanting to try my hand at one of these for a long time now. Recently installed the free version of Davinci Resolve. Awesome package but it does bring my PC to its absolute knees.

Do you have any tips or is there perhaps a community somewhere for hobbiest video editors (like me) who like to create fun stuff like fantrailers? The subreddit r/fantrailers seems to be pretty much dead.

redrage said:

Ive been wanting to try my hand at one of these for a long time now. Recently installed the free version of Davinci Resolve. Awesome package but it does bring my PC to its absolute knees.

Do you have any tips or is there perhaps a community somewhere for hobbiest video editors (like me) who like to create fun stuff like fantrailers? The subreddit r/fantrailers seems to be pretty much dead.

Thanks for the kind words man ;)

Despite popular opinion Windows Movie Maker is a pretty damned good starting point, there are some limitations that can be annoying like being unable to have multiple custom audio tracks (a workaround is to save the movie and then open the finished thing up in movie maker and add the sounds then) but overall it's pretty good software for beginners, hell, even I use it when I don't wanna mess with the other stuff.

I'd also recommend Lightworks and Adobe After Affects if you're looking for something more advanced, however the latter does have quite a learning curve and in some cases isn't exactly optimal for editing, it was designed to let the user add after affects in obviously and whilst the editing tools are still there, there are some strange characteristics of it. Hope I helped :)

AwesomeO, just gotta echo the others and say you did a damn good job lining the clips up with the song. I wasn't expecting it to fit so well, but it really does.

DooM_RO said:

Unbelievably retarded.

Pretty sure the guy who made the video was making fun of the pricks that complain Doom 4 isn't face paced or classic enough;

"Also I'm a big loser who can't get out of 1993 because of my huge nostalgia goggles and I have a big butt and my butt smells and I like to smell my own butt.
If you're still angry and think I'm stupid, you're right, but try reading this, maybe it will help http://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/39y2m5/doom_trailer_with_original_doom_music_and_sfx/csbp4o9"

However he does state in the reddit post that he reckons the action is too "slow paced" which in my opinion is utter bollocks. Looks faster than Wolfenstein TNO WITH all the upgrades, wonder what Doom's gonna look like with speed upgrades.

Almost as bad as that Brutal Doom comparison video, I quite enjoy Brutal Doom when I just want mindless fun but this video is trying so hard to make Doom 4 look bad and it fails spectacularly.

AwesomeO-789 said:

However he does state in the reddit post that he reckons the action is too "slow paced" which in my opinion is utter bollocks. Looks faster than Wolfenstein TNO WITH all the upgrades, wonder what Doom's gonna look like with speed upgrades

as someone who played the Alpha, people who complain about the game being slow paced judging from the videos are wrong, and those who tested it and still complain are fully retarded because in my opinion it's fu*kin fast that if the devs answer your call the game will be ruined.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Thanks for the kind words man ;)

Despite popular opinion Windows Movie Maker is a pretty damned good starting point, there are some limitations that can be annoying like being unable to have multiple custom audio tracks (a workaround is to save the movie and then open the finished thing up in movie maker and add the sounds then) but overall it's pretty good software for beginners, hell, even I use it when I don't wanna mess with the other stuff.

I'd also recommend Lightworks and Adobe After Affects if you're looking for something more advanced, however the latter does have quite a learning curve and in some cases isn't exactly optimal for editing, it was designed to let the user add after affects in obviously and whilst the editing tools are still there, there are some strange characteristics of it. Hope I helped :)

Thanks for getting back to me.

I did not expect to get Windows Movie Maker recommended to me but your advice is noted. :)

I have some past (years ago) experiences with after effects; it was a lot of fun to create logo animations and similair stuff in it. I have lightworks installed but still have to create an account for it. Have to admit though I'm still rather charmed by Davinci Resolve to be honest. Does Lightworks perform well on "lighter" systems?

I think part of my problem, apart from not having a great workstation, is that I am working with 60fps footage. I will try to bring it down to 30fps and see if the editing process becomes a little more "interactive". ;)

edit:
Perhaps the slow editing is also caused by having my source footage still h264 encoded. From what I've read performance gets better if you store it uncompressed. I hope I have the HD space for it!

MiNaM said:

as someone who played the Alpha, people who complain about the game being slow paced judging from the videos are wrong, and those who tested it and still complain are fully retarded because in my opinion it's fu*kin fast that if the devs answer your call the game will be ruined.

Exactly, id needs to release a video where whomever playing is going all out. They need to play like an actual player would and not focus on making it look like a cinematic by doing too many glory kills or holding their movement stick at 50% throttle just so we can see the geometry of the level. Though, the latest trailer was more action packed, but they focused a little too much on the glory kills for shock value, perhaps to cater towards new players. In the campaign trailer, that little side strafe right before the Pinky Demon kill, looks pretty fast to me.

Basically, other than people who got the chance to play the Alpha, we haven't seen the Doomguy run at full speed for longer than ~3 seconds...

EDIT:
Maybe their plan is to release a campaign trailer 2 that will cater towards what the more hardcore fans are expecting.

MiNaM said:

And talking about retarded complains, just take a look at this thread:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-new-doom-its-oldschool-because-theres-no-reloading.81888/page-69

The perfect definition of a cancerous community.

watstha said:

The perfect definition of a cancerous community.

LOL. I don't think most in that thread even know what they want out of a Doom 4, or an FPS in general. "Deeerrrr if it literally isn't the exact same as 20 years ago I don't like it."

The best is they assume they know how the level design is, especially when it's being shipped with a fucking map editor!

TheWizard said:

LOL. I don't think most in that thread even know what they want out of a Doom 4, or an FPS in general. "Deeerrrr if it literally isn't the exact same as 20 years ago I don't like it."

You realise you just pretty much quoted a bunch of the people here, right?

Oh wow...

And here I thought with all the new replies perhaps the good vibe of cool Doom 4 fantrailers was maintained and somebody posted another cool trailer or perhaps, added some info on video editing.

==

Your right of course, this community is absolutely nothing like all "those" other communities. (especially reddit; yuk!)

Declaring anyone with an opinion different then you a retard beforehand is indeed very mature.

Dismissing any and all concerns or questionable aspects about the new Doom as people being stuck in the past and only wanting exact copies of the 20 year old game is also totally constructive and conductive to a great atmosphere of discussion.

Repeatedly using diseases such as cancer and aids to describe other communities that you specifically link towards into this thread is also something I really wanted to see and a great contribution to this thread.

Reddit is known for its circlejerking though... I thought you guys hated that place with a passion and the Doomworld forums were nothing like it...

==

I am one of "those" people who feel the game is too slow for my liking in mp "even" after playing the alpha. You have a different opinion. That is fine by me. I'm not putting you in the retard category for holding that opinion. Your comments however...