Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiKMic

Need a cheat/bot/hack for (Chocolate) DOOM on Linux

Hi. I am working on a project on game cheat detection therefore I need an open source game and a cheat/bot/hack for that game.

The open source game I am using is DOOM (that is why I'm here...) but I am yet to find a cheat/bot/hack. I am using Chocolate DOOM on Linux (using a DOOM 1 wad, but that is not really relevant I think) at the moment but I can easily change the source/port I am using.

Does anyone have any links to some downloadable cheat/bot/hack please. Thanks :)

P.S. Not sure if I posted in the right section. Apologies if not :)

There's not really much you can do to "cheat" or "hack" vanilla or chocolate Doom as it is, at least not in single player: you can already make the player overpowered/invincible with the built-in cheat codes or DEHacked patches.

I presume you meant cheating in some form of online play/multiplayer? That'd be harder already, but not impossible, however Chocolate Doom is hardly the best port to explore this kind of cheating.

Unless you're willing to write a lot of custom code and create your own modified version of Chocolate Doom, I'd suggest trying a port with a built-in scripting engine, such as ZDoom, or better yet, ZDaemon or Odamex. BTW, those already have some forms of built-in cheat detection, even though it's a constant arms race between the devs and the cheaters.

Maes said:

There's not really much you can do to "cheat" or "hack" vanilla or chocolate Doom as it is, at least not in single player: you can already make the player overpowered/invincible with the built-in cheat codes or DEHacked patches.

I presume you meant cheating in some form of online play/multiplayer? That'd be harder already, but not impossible, however Chocolate Doom is hardly the best port to explore this kind of cheating.

Unless you're willing to write a lot of custom code and create your own modified version of Chocolate Doom, I'd suggest trying a port with a built-in scripting engine, such as ZDoom, or better yet, ZDaemon or Odamex. BTW, those already have some forms of built-in cheat detection, even though it's a constant arms race between the devs and the cheaters.

Hi and thanks for your answer!

I am aware of some bot (literally a bot that plays the game alone without human input) called ACBot which used to work on Doom Legacy. I don't have much information on it since I didn't find a lot of information about it online.

If an auto-play bot is not available, some form of aim hack or wall hack (even for a single player game) will work for me. Not sure I made myself clear enough.

Maes said:

ZDaemon or Odamex. BTW, those already have some forms of built-in cheat detection, even though it's a constant arms race between the devs and the cheaters.

Zdaemon is closed source. Odamex is open source and last I checked had no cheat detection. Zandronum is also open source and I think only certain servers have a modified something or other that has cheat detection. Zandronum frequently has hacks written for it, Odamex not so much because nobody plays Odamex so what's the point. A few years ago it did though, Shogun/Sigma was caught wallhacking (while still losing) in odamex.

Zandronum also supports bots playing on their own, though the Botscript is lost. Dusk was trying to remedy this though.

A quick google-search for skulltag or zandronum hacks will probably net you the results you want though.

Decay said:

Zdaemon is closed source. Odamex is open source and last I checked had no cheat detection. Zandronum is also open source and I think only certain servers have a modified something or other that has cheat detection. Zandronum frequently has hacks written for it, Odamex not so much because nobody plays Odamex so what's the point. A few years ago it did though, Shogun/Sigma was caught wallhacking (while still losing) in odamex.

Zandronum also supports bots playing on their own, though the Botscript is lost. Dusk was trying to remedy this though.

A quick google-search for skulltag or zandronum hacks will probably net you the results you want though.

Hi and thanks for your answer! I will be looking at Zandronum bots then. Thanks.

Any other suggestions/links are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: So apparently Zandronum is in C++ not C. I need it to be in C. Thanks.

AlexMax said:

I'm not sure if this helps, and it's not exactly Doom realted, but I actually read a really interesting post by a former cheat and anti-cheat developer that you might be interested in:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/47dv61/insights_from_an_ex_anticheat_developer_on_the/

Kind of a sobering take on the state of anti-cheat in general.

Thanks for your reply! Saw that and commented already. Used to play CS quite a bit so was interested in that!

Thanks anyway :)