Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Winial

Some little Megawad idea from me

Sorry about my bad English if you don't understand my point. Try to make it short and clear.

Recently I sink into Classic Doom. All day playing and make some amateurish levels.
And I just thought two Megawad idea, maybe already there but I can not find.

1. Final Boss mashup. I imagined some 30 levels fight of final boss and 2 hidden level with cyber demon and spider mastermind.
2. Demon's Body theme levels. I talking about Doom E3M2 style. Foot to the head, 8 levels game will be good.

I'm not thinking deeply, because maybe there is similar concept of wad already there. That's why I make a thread on here.

Register to Doomworld forums for this. Thank you to read.

So you want to expand little gimmicks into whole episodes?

That body thing is already taken by several wads, DST-D has you inside a human being, where you explore the arms, the stomach, the guts and all that and you exit the map by getting out of his ass.
Ksutra has you between spread lady legs shooting rockets up into a vag, Udoom E3M2 and E3M4 are entirely layed out by the human body.

Final boss mashup is already done in Super demon.
I say you don't look hard enough.

Winial, before you start asking for volunteers for your new mega-cool-and-whatnot community megawad project, make sure you have something to show first (previous WADs, experience with project management, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of awesome community megawad project ideas that fell apart at the seams.

Marnetmar said:

Winial, before you start asking for volunteers for your new mega-cool-and-whatnot community megawad project, make sure you have something to show first (previous WADs, experience with project management, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of awesome community megawad project ideas that fell apart at the seams.

He's not asking for help.

Winial said:

1. Final Boss mashup. I imagined some 30 levels fight of final boss

I could not think of anything more boring....the boss is literally a textured wall with a decapitated Romero on a stick....
Sounds like an excuse to release a map without level design.

One guy like a 'mattbratt11' offered a bunch of (*":Awesome:"*) ideas for weapons and it doesn't end so good. So don't follow the same way and try to impress. I guess this is best way...
By 'impress' i mean make something... Any part of your ideas...

joe-ilya said:

So you want to expand little gimmicks into whole episodes?

That body thing is already taken by several wads, DST-D has you inside a human being, where you explore the arms, the stomach, the guts and all that and you exit the map by getting out of his ass.
Ksutra has you between spread lady legs shooting rockets up into a vag, Udoom E3M2 and E3M4 are entirely layed out by the human body.

Final boss mashup is already done in Super demon.
I say you don't look hard enough.

This was the answer I want. I know someone already do this. Thanks. :)

petePESTILENCE said:

I could not think of anything more boring....the boss is literally a textured wall with a decapitated Romero on a stick....
Sounds like an excuse to release a map without level design.

How can I say um…I thought that's a beauty of final boss. It's a textured wall with not moving monster spawner, so make that interesting and not boring is really hard work.

joe-ilya said:

He's not asking for help.

I know, right? We desperately need a newproject tag for people who don't ask for help or participation.

[newprojectidea]Scypek2[/newprojectidea]
Scypek2, before you dare mention an idea for a mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first. Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of opportunities for using the newproject tag and we never wasted a single one.

(and since we also have [newprojecttagtag], it's not like we could ever go overboard with those)