Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Texture Extravaganza [COMMUNITY PROJECT] (CANCELLED - Check last post)

Bzzrak, your map is intriguing. Played on UV. The layout of the map is pretty unique. It looks a bit clustered (in the castle), but the map itself has some great utilization of the space available and the textures.

It is also pretty merciless however. I found myself walking into the epilepsy room with 35 HP. With many tries I finally managed to escape that horde. Most of the level I had below 50%. It was very tense and that Arch-Vile is damn dangerous.

The map is alright as for the texturing, you got a set that can be worked with. Some rooms were even nicely decorated and for the most part the level was good.

I'll put it between Technological Rocks and Solarn's map since the difficulty is somewhere between those 2. Maybe even as the 3rd map because of there being no Super Shotgun but I'll have to think about it more.

Albertoni, your map has a lovely concept and I like it, however since I really suck at Doom I cannot test it properly to oder it by its difficulty.

DoomLover234 said:

Bzzrak, your map is intriguing. Played on UV.

I told you, don't... :]

Thanks a lot, anyway. You really made my day (despite it being 9 PM here, hehe).

And I see you liked that Arch-Vile... I love it too.

About the epilepsy room, I put in Shotgun Guys instead of Zombiemen only to humiliate UV players and make them switch to HMP. You absolutely weren't meant to survive that one. I guess 40 more Chaingunners will do the trick...

bzzrak said:

I told you, don't... :]

Thanks a lot, anyway. You really made my day (despite it being 9 PM here, hehe).

And I see you liked that Arch-Vile... I love it too.

About the epilepsy room, I put in Shotgun Guys instead of Zombiemen only to humiliate UV players and make them switch to HMP. You absolutely weren't meant to survive that one. I guess 40 more Chaingunners will do the trick...

That trap is a bit un-balanced - too striking and hard when you don't know about it, but again a bit too easy when you know about it since you know you need to run the second you flip the switch.

bzzrak said:

This is the more important part IMHO, the first impression matters the most!

I agree with that.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1bl8n0wz25n2a48/caofhecr_rc2_for_tex_extra.zip

RC2 is here.

Updated:
-- new sky, taken from "plums's skystravaganza" (heh)
-- music is Ultimate Doom E2M7
-- you can now achieve 100% secrets (I had a door opening a 56-tall sector, oops.)
-- some texture misalignments fixed.

If anyone finds any bugs, please let me know... before it's too late.

Important message.

I cannot run this project.

I know guys, I've played your trust, but I really learnt that you shouldn't say something like "I'll definitely do it" when you have no history with this site. I just... forgot about this.

Things like these shouldn't happen, obviously. I take the blame for letting this project die in the ashes of the WADs & Mods board. I wasn't interested in it that much after I found out that it's really hard to lead a project. I'm really sorry for this.

I know it will be very hard for you guys to regain trust in me leading a CP. That's why I won't lead another CP until I get much better at Doom.

Unless somebody is willing to take over, this project is cancelled.

Really sorry.

bzzrak said:

Taking over.

I'll make a new thread soon. (so that I have control of the OP)

Thank you, bzzrak. It's nice to see someone caring about this CP and taking the lead of it.

Bzzrak, any news on the new thread? If anything it would be best to take all finished submissions and release the project at the very least. :)

Dragonfly said:

Bzzrak, any news on the new thread? If anything it would be best to take all finished submissions and release the project at the very least. :)

The new thread's here but it sank.