Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rehelekretep

Map names

hi

im currently playing Memento Mori through glboom+ 2.5.1.4

if i bring up the automap the level name displays as the respective Doom 2 Hell on Earth name rather than the Memento Mori map name (e.g. Level 16 Suburbs instead of 'Stoned'

is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong?

i load WADS via drag+drop onto the glboom .exe

yeah memento mori doesnt come with a dehacked file, so the map titles are only seen during the intermission sequence after you complete a level

You can always whip up a quick dehacked patch with the mapnames for yourself, if you so desire!

Just as a note, this is incredibly common in older WADs. Replacing the map names through dehacked is/was generally seen as more tedium than it's worth. Ever since mapinfo came along it hasn't been an issue, but just figure I'd put it out there.

Yeah, It is unfortunately common in custom wads. Probably hard to change or something. When I was slightly annoyed by that, I employed my powerful googleing skills and after some time, found this. Very helpful:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35389

It fixes the map names for at least some wads, which is nice. Just drag the corresponding file and wad into ZDoom and you're good to go.

He mentions glboom in the original post, why are people recommending mapinfo stuff?