Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chewyninja69

Any word on the date of the Doom beta for PS4?

Exactly what the subject says: does anyone know when the beta will be released for the Playstation 4? Or when it will be announced, seeing as how the game is so close to being released?

Just keep an eye on all the official id and Bethesda channels - I check about 8 times a day. They usually give a week's notice though, so there'll be plenty of time to prepare. No need to start a new thread until then.

One question I do have though is whether or not the source code leak will delay the next alpha (they said there would be one more before the beta) or if they'll cancel it and just skip to the beta. I figure they'll take their time making sure nothing is accessible this time around although the curious will still dig, no doubt. Either way, I'm ready.

Johnatone said:

Just keep an eye on all the official id and Bethesda channels - I check about 8 times a day. They usually give a week's notice though, so there'll be plenty of time to prepare. No need to start a new thread until then.

One question I do have though is whether or not the source code leak will delay the next alpha (they said there would be one more before the beta) or if they'll cancel it and just skip to the beta. I figure they'll take their time making sure nothing is accessible this time around although the curious will still dig, no doubt. Either way, I'm ready.

I wasn't aware that there was a source code leak. Curious, though: what implications does that have, if any?

Chewyninja69 said:

I wasn't aware that there was a source code leak. Curious, though: what implications does that have, if any?

No it's not the source code, only some strings from the executables was leaked..

I'm not worried about the beta test.. I'm afraid of the final release itself getting a delay because how easily the 1st alpha encryption was cracked :(

MiNaM said:

No it's not the source code, only some strings from the executables was leaked..

I'm not worried about the beta test.. I'm afraid of the final release itself getting a delay because how easily the 1st alpha encryption was cracked :(

Don't say this to me!