Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trusty_McLegit

Fallout mod?

So I might be making a fallout mod for doom, and I'm just wondering, if I did, what would you say would be the absolute must have weapons to put in the mod from any of the fallout games? Also any additional gameplay mechanics you think would be cool to put into the game would be appreciated too :)

To me, one of my favorite parts of Fallout was finding parts and building my weapons, so perhaps something like that. Either just weapons that look crudely hand-crafted or go all-out and make players find like 2 or 3 parts per gun to acquire it. I'm assuming this would have to be a GzDoom/Zand thing, if that's the case it shouldn't be too hard to make a script to give the player a gun automatically when they collect x amount of certain parts.

Of course if this is just a straight up mod idk how well that idea would work with existing maps, but it's a thought.

Btw, without something to show you're very unlikely to get many more comments.

Looking at this:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_weapons

I'd say the 10mm for the basic pistol.
the Combat Shotgun for medium range and the sawed-off shotgun for close range, a lot of damage. These both use the same shotgun shells.
10mm SMG for a Chaingun replacement.
Missile Launcher of course.
Lazer pistol and that Tesla cannon as the energy weapons.
And the Ripper as the chainsaw replacement.

The Fat Boy (iconic Fallout weapon)! And the Railway Rifle, complete with enemy limbs being torn off and stuck to walls. Psycho (damage boost) and jet (slows time).

You could make a mod based off of Fallout 1/2. They're mostly just regular maps in a large game board, no actual massive world is made.

HeartstringsStudios said:

If I made voxels for the items, would you want that to be in the mod by default or in an add on pk3?

Depends on whether they look good or not :D