Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gothic

Odd looking frontpage

Not seeing that black space on a 27" monitor at 1920x1080.

[edit] ahhh it does appear when making the text smaller using ctrl -.

I had the same problem as Doom Dude. I keep all my browser tabs zoomed really far in. and that hides a lot of these kinds of things.

I don't think the issue is the page being designed for 4:3 monitors. The only thing that matters here is horizontal resolution. A high-resolution 4:3 monitor would have the same issue. Even considering that, the real issue is probably just changes in web browsers.

*peeks at HTML*

The page renders differently on Firefox and Chrome. On Chrome the tables that display the story dates don't extend farther than the ends of the dates either. I can't tell whether that's a bug in Chrome or a bug in both Firefox and IE.

Adding "width=100%" to the top story table and the news story date tables gives more consistent results.

thedeadgmr said:

I'm pretty sure that this site was made with 4:3 screens in mind (think back to the 90s), so it would look more like
http://i.imgur.com/uFXCKtG.png

The "Top Story" table usually stretches to fill the available width, which isn't what I'm seeing on Firefox at 1920x1200.

*peeks at html & dw.css*

I think the problem might be that someone specified a width for /images/topstory.gif