Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Any methods to merge pasted sectors to original sectors automatically?

Currently I'm merging pasted sectors to original ones manually. It is okay to merge a few sectors since it's not a big deal. But when the amount of sectors increases, like more than 20, it is tiresome to merge sectors one by one. Is there any methods to do this job automatically? Any answers will be appreciated.

P.S.: I'm using Doom Builder 2.

Angry Saint said:

You can select all the sector you want to merge, then press the "merge sector"... I can't see how it can be faster&simpler

Yes, I know that I can merge sectors with hotkey. But as I mentioned, it is boring to merge pasted sectors to original sectors one by one if I copied lots and lots of sectors. So I'm asking that if there's a method to merge pasted sectors to original sectors automatically.

Instead of merging them one-by-one, select them all, and them merge them, and they will all merge into the first sector you selected, all at once. J (Join) will keep the lines between them, while Shift-J (Merge) will delete those lines.

If you copy sectors 1, 2, 3, 4 and it creates sectors 5, 6, 7, 8, and you want to merge 5 with 1, 6 with 2, 7 with 3, and 8 with 4, then I think you're kinda out of luck.

Gez said:

If you copy sectors 1, 2, 3, 4 and it creates sectors 5, 6, 7, 8, and you want to merge 5 with 1, 6 with 2, 7 with 3, and 8 with 4, then I think you're kinda out of luck.

Exactly. I guess there's no way to do that automatically when I finished pasting. :(