Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

Chocolate Doom

I play Chocolate on my desktop at home and love it but on my laptop it gives a weird distorted audio and I don’t know how to fix it? Both are Windows 10 PC’s.

Really love Chocolate Hexen and Heretic, plays just how I remember years ago, and its the only "Vanilla" Heretic source port as far as I can tell. But I had downloaded Chocolate Strife out of curiosity and was wondering if Strife was originally meant to be played like Heretic or Doom as far as freelook is concerned?

NationwideMoose have you tried adjusted the sound settings in "Chocolate Doom Setup"? And if so, have you also tried updating the drivers in Sound or Audio input/output?

8 minutes ago, Beezle said:

was wondering if Strife was originally meant to be played like Heretic or Doom as far as freelook is concerned?

You mean limited to separate keys for looking up/down at a fixed speed? Yes.

21 minutes ago, xttl said:

You mean limited to separate keys for looking up/down at a fixed speed? Yes.

Haha exactly! Thanks again xttl.

Posted (edited)

When you're loading .hhe files for Heretic, is the command still "-deh" rather than "-hhe"? That's what CMDLINE.txt seems to suggest, but I'm still not seeing the effects of the patch I made. This is probably because I'm doing something else wrong, but I figure I should at least ensure I'm loaidng it properly before heading to the "editing questions" board.

EDIT: Okay, I figured everything out. For anyone else wondering, yes, it's still "-deh".

Edited by SiFi270

3 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

Fraggle, What the fuck is this all about!? I just want to play Chocolate Doom, I shouldn't have to jump through any hoops to play an offline port!

Is this an April joke? And what's about the version number? Where the heck did you download this from?!

Posted (edited)

Can you MOVEBOB 0 & FOV change in chocolate doom?? like does it have a way to do it on a notepad or something.

NVM I forgot this port aims to emulate the original as close as possible, but I like the chocolate one too.

52 minutes ago, jeroa said:

how does doom chocolate doom run on slow computerr?

Have you tried changing force_software_renderer to 1 in your chocolate-doom.cfg? If that doesn't change anything, can you post your computer specs?

1 minute ago, mun said:

Have you tried changing force_software_renderer to 1 in your chocolate-doom.cfg? If that doesn't change anything, can you post your computer specs?

But didn't that actually degrade performance?