Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Wow MistAche!!! Good hell design!!! You are cretive!!! Is this map a slaughterfest or it different? Which skill need pass this map?

Been trying to find some screenshots of the Marathon maps that way I can remake them In DOOM. Whenever I can I'll post some screenshots of the results of making It.

yaqxsw said:

Wow MistAche!!! Good hell design!!! You are cretive!!! Is this map a slaughterfest or it different? Which skill need pass this map?

It's influenced by the Literary work, 'Dante's Inferno' and Deus Vult for scale.

There is a balance of slaughter and normal fighting found all throughout. So far up to 1700 monsters, and I've been removing quite a few for balancing. The size of the map is getting tedious for testing... but I'm getting there. I need to complete it soon and release as I have too many responsibilities now. A decent doomer will be able to complete the WAD without too much difficulty, I've also made the map open to speed runners.

@NerdTurtle

Looks great, I am a huge fan of that texture with all it`s giger-ness.
With the right music track, this could turn out to be really athmospheric. :3

I'm making a standalone level, and this is what I've got so far:

I hope I finish it next week :P

Here are 4 new images from my upcoming boom map (the very same map I posted a video of).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

If everything goes well, I should have a first playable version sometime this month. Can't promise anything though ^^"

The hell map is also slowly progressing although I must admit, it's been put on hold for the time being. I will resume work on it once I get this out of the way. I hope that this won't end up taking more time than needed as I want it to be quite short ^^

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

Deadwing, it looks like there is really nice architecture in there :) Can't wait to play

Thanks! I hope I will be able to finish it at weekend :D

Deadwing said:

Thanks! I hope I will be able to finish it at weekend :D

I know how you feel my level is coming along so slowly haha, but I'm trying to make this project less ambitious than my previous one (Earth On Hell) because that one drained me so much and even though I got pretty positive feedback it was less than I wanted it to be

Additional shot of the same map. Haven't done much today but this is what I've done basically (amongs other minor stuff on the map but not worth sharing).

Spoiler

I should really finish this classic E1 themed map, did some work on it recently. Should and will run on Vanilla Doom when its complete. Last map I released was in 2014...

Finally getting this level sort of done. It was originally started 5 years ago for CC4, lol.

lareman said:

http://i.imgur.com/cXMCAI0.png

Finally getting this level sort of done. It was originally started 5 years ago for CC4, lol.

Nice looking layout :D

I wish I had kept some of my older maps tbh. It would've been quite nostalgic to play them again/work on them (refine them) but heh, I didn't :(

This is my first map ever, kinda. I actually remade it based off of another map I was working on that ended up being kind of wonky, but I wasn't too far along so I figured why not just start over completely. Therefore this is technically my second map. Anyways, here's the pic, tell me what you think and I can take in-game shots if anyone wants me to. It's not finished yet but idk if that's clear or not.

What I've been working on for a few days now, still gotta figure out monster traps, but other then that, it's looking good.

I've been working on a Moon base for a month and a half and it is around halfway done.
Not really breath-taking, but I really put a lot of time and effort into this.

Here, take some screenshots:
(around 15x, resolution 1024x768)

Spoiler

The starting view

The office complex

The mandatory dark, spooky crate maze with Spectres all over the place

A big, big nukage pit, you must jump down...

...only to be warmly greeted by those fellas

Crushers! Everybody likes crushers!

This is actually a huge barrel with acid.

*same place, but with max gamma correction*

Fight on the surface of the Moon, yeah! (the floor is damaging btw)

This is on the other side of that huge nukage pit.

Here you just fight cannon fodder for a while.

HAVE FUN

Forgot to mention, this is for vanilla.

Suggestions and similar stuff are welcome!

FloatRand, I like the contrast there in that shot; it looks interesting.

Bzzrak, try using more texture variation, height variation, and architecture, itd make for more interesting-looking places.

Tritnew, if you need help, send me the map and a drawing of the plan and I'll walk you through one or two real quick.

Thanks Fonze.
Yellow/black contrast is pretty neat, but I do want something else to it. Currently using ALLBLACK for skies, but later on I'd like to get a custom skybox - night sky, with heavy blue tinge? To make the shape of the building bit more apparent. I gotta look up how to get one.

Spoiler

Lol, even on full-bright my phone will not display that, though most pics seem to have the problem of being too dark on this thing, for some reason...

Still, what I can see there looks cool; I think a dark sky with blue hues would look really cool with it. Or green, for that matter.