Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Hey all, long time lurker, first (technically second) time poster.

This is my first proper attempt at mapping, so the quality is probably a bit low compared to a lot of the other things in this thread.
I'm making a large, connected set of hub maps with no real purpose other than to experiment, so here's a stitched together screenshot of the six maps I've started so far.

EDIT: Fixed picture

I've been also making this slightly System Shock influenced cyber punkish map or TC even, with turrets, two types of mines, a shop system and a wrench. And also some breakable boxes with loot. What a combination.

Been fun!

Trying to learn from the mistakes,but unfortunately I have tendency to repeat them :')

Spoiler

Was driven from my friend. He posted his homebrew DnD dungeon. So I generate a map in Davesmapper and go for it.

Playing with hex fields, random floor heights and WadC's autotexturing, as a precursor to exposing the Perlin stuff in WadC (it's already there in the code, but not exposed at the WadC level - instead there's a marchingcubes() built in that consumes it and does some other stuff)

At the moment the floor level is randomly jittered around 0, but once I've hooked it up with the perlin stuff it will be less jittery and there will be smoother transitions. Then I can play with scale etc., the intention is to have autotex handle if something is high up = mountains or low level = sea. Not sure how to get more biomy stuff in like desert just yet. Probably need a second pass with a different perlin seed for that.

Spoiler

The expansion & finishing of my Bloody Rust 2 map.

Previous Days 1-12

Spoiler

2 Hours

6 hours

8 hours

11 hours

14 hours

20 hours

Days 13-29
22 hours

24 hours

25 hours

Just finished this map up a few minutes ago. I'm just going to wait on a midi from Alfonzo & then I'll upload it.

I've been working on several vanilla-like maps and I recently posted this volcano/lava map I'm really happy with. The thread with the download link and a couple other screenshots can be found here if anyone wants to check it out.

I have a couple other completed maps, a few full map sketches, some mechanics prototypes, and lots of level concepts that I'm planning on making into a full megawad.

@Jon: Cool stuff, I've been working on some procedural generation in ACS too.

@Eris: Blue waterfall lighting? Nice.

Here's something I'll release before Halloween:

The big pig is almost ready to fly, but I need a couple of testers. Anyone want to volunteer, it would be very much appreciated. Please PM me if you want to give it a spin and bug-hunt.