Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Dutch Doomer said:

Also looking for a matching flat for the ASHWALL7 texture.

Not a crop of the original texture too, had some tweaking done to it! C:

Made some more progress on my creepy ZDoom hub in the last week or two.

The last shot is where you fight a boss - the base commander.

I'm currently working on a 30 level limit removing wad with three "chapters", each of them being different from each other in gameplay and design. The project is obviously concept and gameplay focused so the visuals are going to look a bit simplistic maybe. (Mostly because of the way I deign levels, but also these are being made on my free time which I don't get much of)

I'll release the first ten levels (the first chapter) when they're done
Oh yeah, there's a doomgirl too.

Deadwing said:

Is it a girl? You better change some weapons sprites that shows more the hands haha

I did. There's no hair on her arms, and if you haven't noticed her hand is smaller on the pistol. I also made a few other sprite adjustments to a few of the guns in general. Like the SSG being sawed off, and the PR being black instead of brown.
I had to use the pitchfork from blood for the fist because I couldn't find a girly looking fist texture.

nxGangrel said:

I did. There's no hair on her arms, and if you haven't noticed her hand is smaller on the pistol. I also made a few other sprite adjustments to a few of the guns in general. Like the SSG being sawed off, and the PR being black instead of brown.
I had to use the pitchfork from blood for the fist because I couldn't find a girly looking fist texture.

You can always decorate yourself a kick.

nxGangrel said:

Oh, I see, the pistol hand still looks manly though.
Anyway, I loved that statusbar

Deadwing said:

I loved that curvy layout, nice job! D:

Thanks!

Update:

One more experimental building:

Nice aesthetics Jaska!

Not sure if I want to make this fortress UAC HQ just a front or more of an outside area surrounding it with a moat and windows you can shoot through to pick off enemies.

also linedef art roses:

Waiting for spring break to really start mapping again in overdrive mode (sorta).

http://imgur.com/a/goVp4

Further progress on my map. I wanted a little effect where one of the enemy marines you face is talking to his buddies who are on Mars through a computer screen, so I mapped out a little area behind a translucent linedef and put two guys up there.

Making progress, slowly been adding new rooms. I really want to try to make a harbor section with cranes and a container ship lying in port. Never attempted such a thing before, might be intersting.

Looking Great, Dutch Doomer! Out of curiosity, I've been meaning to ask, are/were you "Dutch Devil" or is your name (and mapping style) just really similar? :)

I even created a proper M_DOOM graphic.
Limit-removing Boom with some new things and dehacked stuff.
Hope it does not take years. Five maps is already done.

rbukSkG.png
lvC7E86.png
orBBFpN.png

Edited by riderr3

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Nice aesthetics Jaska!

https://puu.sh/ukTAZ/fd484fb9bf.jpg

Not sure if I want to make this fortress UAC HQ just a front or more of an outside area surrounding it with a moat and windows you can shoot through to pick off enemies.

also linedef art roses:https://puu.sh/ucB7w/9b317a9d89.png

Waiting for spring break to really start mapping again in overdrive mode (sorta).

This is great.

Dragonfly said:

Looks pretty damn huge, DOOM_RO! I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Thanks! It's barely holding together. I keep expecting collision errors to pop up as I am at 66.5k Sidedefs. I keep thinking the map will break if I add another linedef.

DooM_RO said:

Thanks! It's barely holding together. I keep expecting collision errors to pop up as I am at 66.5k Sidedefs. I keep thinking the map will break if I add another linedef.

You can go far higher than 66.5K Sidedefs in GZDB and be fine thanks to Sidedef compression. I've seen it knock 50% off the number of Sidedefs in a map when compiled.

It's the 65.5K Linedef limit you need to really worry about!

Bauul said:

You can go far higher than 66.5K Sidedefs in GZDB and be fine thanks to Sidedef compression. I've seen it knock 50% off the number of Sidedefs in a map when compiled.

It's the 65.5K Linedef limit you need to really worry about!

I think GZDB does that automatically.