Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

@DragonflyAfter watching you stream that on Twitch, I am really excited. I wish I was home so I could download 1.0 now. I forgot that I wanted to try it out.

If you drop me a message on Discord you can test out the current beta version, which has numerous improvements and bugfixes made to every map, as well as being ported to GZDoom 2.4.0 and having extra levels! Only thing I ask in return is you feedback your thoughts/opinions so I can further improve! :)

Continued my suburb wad.

Apartment buildings
sTDKMhM.png

A park
WMTJ7aL.png

Will be in this wad someday:

I wish I had that 'knack' for cityscapes and urban locations in the doom engine! Looks really nice, great work Jaska.

18 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Complex_502_-_Descent_35.jpg

I really like that wall. Other screenshots are also very nice.

+1 to what @scifista42 said, that wall has some great texture use. I'm definitely a fan of all of the slope-work as well as the texture combinations. Great stuff!

How are those chairs done? They look like 3D floors of some description? Unless I'm mistaken I thought Freedoom was vanilla or boom compatible? Unless it's a Freedoom-intended pwad? :)

Either way, nice touches!

It's Freedoom Phase 2 in UDMF format.

Edit: Everything is a PWAD, isn't it? Except the IWAD, of course. 

ef9RGWr.pngLxxzaqX.pngsbaMZs8.pnguirbjei.pngFUFtvoR.pngKJPPhr2.png

A little bit more detailing to do; can't wait when I convert this into Zdoom and make the ship from nice slopes.

8 hours ago, everennui said:

It's Freedoom Phase 2 in UDMF format.

Edit: Everything is a PWAD, isn't it? Except the IWAD, of course. 

Dragonfly was meaning that Freedoom itself is an IWAD. He wasn't sure if you meant you were working on the IWAD itself or on a custom PWAD that used the Freedoom IWAD as a base.

I too thought Freedoom was vanilla, but is Phase 2 a ZDoom compatible version?

"Phase 2" just means "substituting the Doom 2 IWAD", whereas "phase 1" means "substituting the Doom 1 IWAD". And of course they're not targeting a ZDoom-specific compatibility.

Phase 2 is as ZDoom compatible as Doom 2. ZDoom is just the engine which I am targeting compatibility for.

Freedom's, "main" project doesn't target advanced ports, but Freedoom is everyone's and they can do what they want with it. At most this is a semantical issue.

I know I've saw people say, "here's a map for Doom 2." No one says, "actually, Doom 2 already has maps. You mean a PWAD for Doom 2?"

I still consider my map to be for Freedoom Phase 2 because it uses all of its assets and the experience will be familiar to those that have played Phase 2 and most importantly my map needs it to work as intended.

I've been here long enough to know that if I were making a level for the Phase 2 IWAD that I'd need to - at the very least - talk to someone in that part of the forums. I would certainly specify my intent.

No big deal.

@everennui Ok, that makes sense, but given Freedoom is supposed to be a perfect replacement for the IWADs (with the exception of the level geometry) surely a PWAD for Freedoom Phase 2 is also a PWAD for Doom 2? It was always my understanding the purpose of Freedoom was perfect 100% compatibility with any and all Doom IWAD wads? Otherwise, what's the point? I don't really understand how you can have a PWAD that needs Freedoom and won't work with Doom2.wad if the game engine doesn't perceive a difference between the two.

5 minutes ago, Bauul said:

@everennui Ok, that makes sense, but given Freedoom is supposed to be a perfect replacement for the IWADs (with the exception of the level geometry) surely a PWAD for Freedoom Phase 2 is also a PWAD for Doom 2? It was always my understanding the purpose of Freedoom was perfect 100% compatibility with any and all Doom IWAD wads? Otherwise, what's the point? I don't really understand how you can have a PWAD that needs Freedoom and won't work with Doom2.wad if the game engine doesn't perceive a difference between the two.

Pretty sure Freedoom contains additional textures that do not have equivalents in Doom 2, so if everennui used those textures it would not work in Doom 2.

Yeah, Freedoom Phase 2 is compatible with Doom 2 in the sense that every map that works with Doom 2 IWAD will also work with Freedoom Phase 2 IWAD, but not every map that works with Freedoom Phase 2 IWAD will also work with Doom 2 IWAD.

6 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Pretty sure Freedoom contains additional textures that do not have equivalents in Doom 2, so if everennui used those textures it would not work in Doom 2.

Does it really? Huh, I never knew! All these years I always presumed Freedoom was a free straight replacement for Doom!

Just now, Bauul said:

Does it really? Huh, I never knew! All these years I always presumed Freedoom was a free straight replacement for Doom!

Those extra textures are replacements for TNT and Plu's textures.

17 minutes ago, Bauul said:

All these years I always presumed Freedoom was a free straight replacement for Doom!

It replaces everything Doom has and plays Doom PWADs without Doom, so it basically is.

4 hours ago, everennui said:

I know I've saw people say, "here's a map for Doom 2." No one says, "actually, Doom 2 already has maps. You mean a PWAD for Doom 2?"

Yeah, it's just that it's ambiguous because Freedoom is still in development.

4 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Well, not unless he puts them between P_Start and P_End tags and files them away in the Texture-PName combo

Cross-posting with the doom pictures thread:

My map for the "Texture Extravaganza project":

Qh2RFuH.png

iM1ZAUH.png

xzrTJjB.png

My remake of E2M7 for the "Doom the way you did" project.

Yeah, i known, is TOO large instead of the original...

3hmxBFQ.png