Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

12 hours ago, Bauul said:

That looks great! One tech question though: how did you define the gently flickering lights at around the 1:20 mark?

This is a "Random Light" object with paramters:

Minimal intensity: 112

Maxinal intensity: 128

I will try to do something with texture scales... This is no so easy.

10 hours ago, Empyre said:

Most likely, he used GLDEFS.

I have not studied it yet...

@MysteriousHaruko

Na not making another chillax. My stuff just tends to go comically overboard. That rev room is me starting the player inside of a monster closet in order to avoid shoot switches.. but I ended up adding a shoot switch in order to give the player an edge during the little pacifist scenario I have created :P.

@rdwpa

I won't lie.. bfg'ing 2k AVs sounds amazing.

Edited by Killer5

14 hours ago, Killer5 said:

Some stuff I am working on when taking breaks from demos.

Nifty, when in doubt just add more arch viles.

5 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Bring back to work on my Texture Extravaganza last night and today:

Those bricks on some of the shots seem to be misaligned, no?

In any case, I like it. It's not too slaughter-ish, right?

1 hour ago, bzzrak said:

Those bricks on some of the shots seem to be misaligned, no?

In any case, I like it. It's not too slaughter-ish, right?

Thanks, i'll noticed an un-lowered brick texture in the first screenshot...

Not so much slaughtermap style for now.

But i have in mind to turn it a semi-slaughter map, actually.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Been semi-speedmapping some vanilla Plutonia maps on and off lately for practice (and fun!)... will probably try to get to an 11 map episode at some point over the next few months and release it (want to get something of my own on /idgames outside of all the CP's). Aiming for a set of punchy, relatively short maps that can be played at a high tempo.

Woah, looks great. Adding this to my list of stuff to look forward to.

I've been doing something similar, actually, and coincidentally was thinking of putting an 11 map release out soon-ish :)

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

UmnBSsf.png

Is that a lava pit I see there? Possibly a lava pit with no way out? =D

Got tired of overdetailing so I tried to make simple doom-map.

jRtP95s.png

MYTfO7x.jpg

..but it sucks

1 hour ago, Jaska said:

Got tired of overdetailing so I tried to make simple doom-map.

jRtP95s.png

MYTfO7x.jpg

..but it sucks

Jaska its actually really nice looking. I agree with deadwing though, the ground texture could be better. but its a really nice map, I'd love to play it when its done =)

@Phade102 A tip for making an octagon: make the sides 4 grids horizontal and vertical and 3 grids diagonal, and then the sides will be pretty close to even in length.

2 hours ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

@YukiRavenThose cages are full 3D? In which editor is this done? GZDoom Builder?

Yeah, GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix.  They're technically exit points for pipes that dump dead (and dying) bodies into the lava below.

Here is the 8th map of my work-in-progress WAD titled Descent Into Pandemonium.  Just finished it about a month ago and now that finals are over, I'm going to try and push out 2 more maps before next semester.  There are still monster locations located off the grid but I wanted to capture the playable part of the map.

dintop map 8.png

2 minutes ago, LordTestes said:

Here is the 8th map of my work-in-progress WAD titled Descent Into Pandemonium.  Just finished it about a month ago and now that finals are over, I'm going to try and push out 2 more maps before next semester.  There are still monster locations located off the grid but I wanted to capture the playable part of the map.

dintop map 8.png

Any chance you can give us some in game screenshots of the more important areas? The overhead looks amazing, but I'd be interested in seeing more!

6 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Any chance you can give us some in game screenshots of the more important areas? The overhead looks amazing, but I'd be interested in seeing more!

I would love to because the map looks gorgeous, as do the other maps.  Only bad thing is I have multiple texture packs - including textures from BTSX and I'm not sure I'm allowed to post with those yet due to me not having permission until BTSX E3 is done.  I'll try and snap a few pics tho and if things backfire I'll just remove them.

4 minutes ago, LordTestes said:

I would love to because the map looks gorgeous, as do the other maps.  Only bad thing is I have multiple texture packs - including textures from BTSX and I'm not sure I'm allowed to post with those yet due to me not having permission until BTSX E3 is done.  I'll try and snap a few pics tho and if things backfire I'll just remove them.

I'm pretty sure as long as you dont RELEASE the map without perrmission it's fine to just take screenshots.

Alright, I just got done scoping out some spots for screenshots and got a little carried away by the scenery.  I took a bunch of screenshots but I exceeded the upload limit of 5 MB, otherwise there'd be a lot more to see.  Missing all the good stuff!

zandronum_2017-05-04_17-23-24.png

zandronum_2017-05-04_17-24-24.png

zandronum_2017-05-04_17-25-00.png

zandronum_2017-05-04_17-26-00.png

Prolly be better to just use an image-hosting site, like imgur, for things like this, but those screenies look great!

3 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Prolly be better to just use an image-hosting site, like imgur, for things like this, but those screenies look great!

Thanks!  And yeah, I'm new to uploading stuff on here so I hope I didn't go too overboard.  I'll look into imgur; I've only used 1 image hosting site before but it was a free trial and then it expired lol.