Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

52 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Would it even be possible to build Firelink shrine accurately without room-on-room?  You definitely couldn't do all of the zany little jumps off of the lift to Undead Parish that lead back to the Asylum...

No I don't think you could, but it's not so complicated that basic UDMF 3D floors couldn't achieve.  The Undead Parish lift has four exits I believe, so it'd only take a little re-routing and you could use all four sides of the lift for the exits.  You might not even need to use portals to get the player to the right spot.

may have spent a fair bit of time wandering around Firelink the Undead Burg thinking "this is all totally doable in Doom!"

39 minutes ago, Bauul said:

No I don't think you could, but it's not so complicated that basic UDMF 3D floors couldn't achieve.  The Undead Parish lift has four exits I believe, so it'd only take a little re-routing and you could use all four sides of the lift for the exits.  You might not even need to use portals to get the player to the right spot.

may have spent a fair bit of time wandering around Firelink the Undead Burg thinking "this is all totally doable in Doom!"

Anor Londo in Doom, please?

Did some minor detailing on my current WIP today. There's still a lot to do before it looks pretty, but maybe these manage to convey the general idea:

Screenshot_Doom_20170509_205204.jpg.9fbba261a9e79f3342ef4482dbd322b1.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20170509_205327.jpg.120627a987b9eaecac35b1d7020b0212.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20170509_205516.jpg.98fd783879dbb738cda6b321fcbce08d.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20170509_205545.jpg.4e718bce1406ca507a8b9e18e4e9fb5e.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Did some minor detailing on my current WIP today. There's still a lot to do before it looks pretty, but maybe these manage to convey the general idea:

Tfw skulls :P

While I think the textures could use more variation (of course still a WIP, granted) I really like the line-work and ceiling architecture. First screenie looks fantastic too.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:01 PM, Bauul said:

Large UDMF Quake-influenced map set in a giant cathedral, utilizing dynamic lights, ultra-hires textures (I have some 4K bad-boys in there), and a crap-tonne of portals to mimic a true 3D space.  The level will be pretty large, but will utilize a smaller number of more deadly monsters (plus some custom ones to keep you on your toes) for a more claustrophobic, tenser atmosphere than usual for Doom.  I'm thinking of that feeling when we played E1 for the first time and didn't know what was around the next corner.  Early screenshot here to give an idea of the kind of look I'm going for.

Out of all of them this sounds like the one I'd be most inclined to play.

I felt like giving that Cybie platforming corridor some more love just now, so here's a before:

Screenshot_Doom_20170509_205327.jpg

And here's the current state:

3CTR.jpg.2fe74b703a9e2c3ab09dfd5987806c66.jpg

Unless something tickles my fancy, I'll probably leave it pretty much as is. Maybe I'll do some texture swaps or some height variations here and there, but I think it looks sufferable by now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could probably use some more work in the lighting department (Note to self)...

6 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I felt like giving that Cybie platforming corridor some more love just now, so here's a before:

Screenshot_Doom_20170509_205327.jpg

And here's the current state:

3CTR.jpg.2fe74b703a9e2c3ab09dfd5987806c66.jpg

Unless something tickles my fancy, I'll probably leave it pretty much as is. Maybe I'll do some texture swaps or some height variations here and there, but I think it looks sufferable by now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could probably use some more work in the lighting department (Note to self)...

The c orridor looks AWESOME. but yeah, some extra lighting would be good! =D

Congratulations @Phade102 you are the 1,000th comment on the thread. Claim your prize.

You can get an eraser pencil topper or one washable, temporary tattoo.

2 hours ago, everennui said:

Congratulations @Phade102 you are the 1,000th comment on the thread. Claim your prize.

You can get an eraser pencil topper or one washable, temporary tattoo.

Eraser please!

Oh and this is what i'm working on right now. Map 03 of my Wad =D Its nothing amazing...but its hopefully going to turn out to be fun. Its only about 20% done, still got a huge amount of stuff to do...

ExperimentZero (edit area) at 2017.05.11 05-01-28.413 [R2787].jpg

Nearly done with SoTNR map 03.  All that's left now is for me to create the boss level, do some playtesting/tweaking, adjust some assets, optimize the pk3, and it's done.  So.... maybe it'll be out by July?

Simple hallway, but I like it.

IaZUYk7.png

The architecture here is partially inspired by a location in Space Hulk: Deathwing, but the gameplay is totally different.

92ylLtm.png

kAld0oK.png

ONGHm86.png

Beautiful, beautiful shots Yuki! The colors set off the grand architecture in fantastic ways.

Currently working on another map for our CzechBox project. With my speed of 1 map per year it is still far away from release. :)
3sykcX0.png

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

A very early screen from SoTNR's boss map.  Like, I started it 12 hours ago, so it's very much incomplete, but the core concept is there.

OE0REja.png

Wait a minute...you started that...12 hours ago? And its already that amazing looking?

...What is my life.

3 hours ago, damned said:

Currently working on another map for our CzechBox project. With my speed of 1 map per year it is still far away from release. :)
3sykcX0.png

That looks incredible...do you have any other screenshots? i'd love to see more of this beautiful map.

6 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

A very early screen from SoTNR's boss map.  Like, I started it 12 hours ago, so it's very much incomplete, but the core concept is there.

OE0REja.png

Are those Quake 3 textures? I always liked that game's texture set.

Was there a specific texture pack you download or did you compile it yourself?

On 5/7/2017 at 2:35 PM, Fonze said:

#4 No; just no. DS was/is a terrible game

TIL Fonze is crazy

On 5/6/2017 at 10:24 AM, Jaska said:

Swapping with maps.. No finished maps for a long time.

Trying to get some sense to my rivervalley map but it's difficult. Just playing around with different approaches to vegetation etc. Whole map just a mess. Some unconnected ideas.

That looks amazing :D I love the atmosphere

5 hours ago, Phade102 said:

Wait a minute...you started that...12 hours ago? And its already that amazing looking?

...What is my life.

Nothing to do on a Saturday + no social life = building the base/gameplay and testing in the day, detailing at night XD

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

Are those Quake 3 textures? I always liked that game's texture set.

Was there a specific texture pack you download or did you compile it yourself?

No Quake 3 stuff, but I did use some from the Quake Retexturing Project and GothicDM. Also various packs off of Realm667.

Everything is in PNG now in the pk3 so I can remove unused textures before I release it to keep the size smallish (wrote a program for this).

9 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

OE0REja.png

Wow, looks great! 

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

Nothing to do on a Saturday + no social life = building the base/gameplay and testing in the day, detailing at night XD

No Quake 3 stuff, but I did use some from the Quake Retexturing Project and GothicDM. Also various packs off of Realm667.

Everything is in PNG now in the pk3 so I can remove unused textures before I release it to keep the size smallish (wrote a program for this).

Gotcha, thanks! I'll be sure to check those packs out.

Also just FYI, I believe Slade 3 already has an automatic "remove unused texture" feature (I use it a fair amount). Although it's a bit late telling you now if you've already written a program!

11 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

OE0REja.png

I really like that Q3-ish skull texture on the walls.  Been looking for something like that for my hell levels that I'm working on.

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

Also just FYI, I believe Slade 3 already has an automatic "remove unused texture" feature (I use it a fair amount). Although it's a bit late telling you now if you've already written a program!

Huh, I'll look into it.  I've been writing a Common Lisp library for WADs anyway, which has the same thing.  Not sure how they differ yet.

On 5/14/2017 at 2:22 PM, Phade102 said:

That looks incredible...do you have any other screenshots? i'd love to see more of this beautiful map.

Same project, but different map.
08U0LR6.png

Edited by damned

40 minutes ago, damned said:

The same project, but different map.
08U0LR6.png

Man, this is gorgeous. are you looking for testers, by any chance?

Flesh from unknown source slowy overtakes this part of underground.

I need fix this place a bit,but I can see results already.

yXvJhIk.png