Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

So, SoTNR is getting a prequel in the form of Heretic.

387brJy.png

XY2Ca0a.png

U0H5oe6.png

bisonyes.gif

Goodness gracious, that map is bodacious!

Is this done by setting the total sector brightness to zero? @StormCatcher.77 had mentioned doing this in the DMP17 thread and I think I'm starting to get it.

I think I will soon be buying Heretic. 

Edited by everennui

I'm not a huge heretic fan, but damn that looks good @YukiRaven. Mapping in Heretic is pretty much the same as doom 2, isn't it? They used similar engines?

7 hours ago, Phade102 said:

I'm not a huge heretic fan, but damn that looks good @YukiRaven. Mapping in Heretic is pretty much the same as doom 2, isn't it? They used similar engines?

Yeah, like @Dragonfly said, it's essentially the same.  Heretic used the Doom engine, and those screenshots are from GZDoom.

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

Yeah, like @Dragonfly said, it's essentially the same.  Heretic used the Doom engine, and those screenshots are from GZDoom.

Awesome. I love heretics base textures, so detailed and atmospheric.

4 hours ago, Fonze said:

All 99 of them, huh? ;p

I'm a simple person.

...Dont judge me.

37 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I like Trains.

M6YxKIo.png

Thats an awesome screenshot. though, I feel that would possibly be more likely a handcar track? or like, a small trolley?

1 minute ago, Phade102 said:

Thats an awesome screenshot. though, I feel that would possibly be more likely a handcar track? or like, a small trolley?

I Know :) I just wanted to quote ASDF for the hell of it.

17 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

hOJjChR.png

Yuki, have you ever considered maybe doing a short video series on your map design? I mean, you're an incredible mapper, and i'm sure people would love to find out just how you come up with all these amazing ideas.

54 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

hOJjChR.png

Yuki...Bow down before me

-D'Sparil :D

38 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

New weapon and enemy for Wolfenstein: Quest for the Spear.

GyytfNx.png

A sniper, yes? Looks like a sniper.

37 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

A sniper, yes? Looks like a sniper.

There will be snipers in the TC but will have Greenish Waffen uniform.

The ones in the screenshot are just Guards armed with standard Kar98Ks

I started this monstrosity in 1998 using doomcad, saved it to floppy disk, found it 15 years later and have been tweaking it ever since using the glorious Doom Builder. Any advice on how a doomworld noob can get playtesters other than myself and my very unskilled (but enthusiastic) IRL friends? It's one huge wad, built before I knew you could make entire Pwads, using only vanilla stuff, some rooms too big and walls too close for chocolate doom but works great on Zdoom.

WadMap.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170614_184602.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170614_185652.png

Looks pretty good. If you're looking for playtesters then create a new thread, generate a little interest and leave a link for people to try it out. I'm sure you'll get one or two takers!

Looks pretty decent, my only criticisms is how there is no light variation. The outdoors area especially feels noticably 'flat' in it's light level. I feel some attempt to break up the monotony (darken some areas) would do wonders. Perhaps you could try to draw shadows as if there was a directional light (the sun)?

@Ol' Scratch That map looks amazing and I love the style of map. Ill happily test it out for you, send me a private message with a download link if you want, and explain what you want tested if anything specific. it looks awesome.