Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

16 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

@jazzmaster9 Looks a lot like Spear - End of Destiny. Is this a remake or something in GZDoom?

It is Heavily inspired by Spear - End of Destiny but it will have original maps and some new enemies.

5 hours ago, Albertoni said:

Invisible Tower of Doom to act as archvile shield for a level's final battle. :)

I like the idea. Your room is OK except for the bright parts of the ceiling standing out, I suggest raising the ceiling while leaving the walls untextured to hide it.

On 15/06/2017 at 6:45 AM, scifista42 said:

I like the idea. Your room is OK except for the bright parts of the ceiling standing out, I suggest raising the ceiling while leaving the walls untextured to hide it.

Thanks! The walls were completely WIP though I might use your idea of a black ceiling. Here's more or less how it will look at the end (again, rough WIP), though it's missing arachnotrons and mancubi:

Screenshot_Doom_20170616_234315.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170616_234311.png

Is there going to be dark shaded tiles to add depth to the scene like in original Wolf3D or is fake contrast on GZDoom going to take care of that? The lighting looks really flat when all walls are rendered full bright.

Manually dark-shaded tiles are the shit. I'm employing them in GULFENSTEIN 3D to keep to the NES palette as much as possible.

Screenshot_Doom_20170604_133225.png

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

Is there going to be dark shaded tiles to add depth to the scene like in original Wolf3D or is fake contrast on GZDoom going to take care of that? The lighting looks really flat when all walls are rendered full bright.

I havent really though of that yet.

If time permits, ill probably try to add the dark shaded walls.

But to be honest I never noticed the wall shading when playing the original Wolf3d/SOD.

2 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

But to be honest I never noticed the wall shading when playing the original Wolf3d/SOD.

It's clear as day, fam.

ECWolf 1.3.3 (r161001-0413) 17_06_2017 13_47_41.png

57 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

It's clear as day, fam.

ECWolf 1.3.3 (r161001-0413) 17_06_2017 13_47_41.png

Maybe GZDoom's fake contrast can help me there because this gonna take a lot of work doing this manually.

If you're mapping for GZDoom (assuming UDMF here) you can set the brightness of each wall individually. You could easily go through the map clicking all east/west facing walls and modify their brightness. Unless your maps are HUGE I don't see it taking more than 10 mins per map. :)

@BonfacLooks pretty nice (and I always love the Shadowcaster textures), but why not make it for Hexen to start with?

Working again in Main UAC Hangar, this thing was halted for like 6 months because i was busy with my main mod:

rFvH8Qg.jpg

3Z1RyFR.jpg

s3li04m.jpg

@Zanieon No offense, but those red keycard textures look goofy in that context. Everything is 100% custom and awesome, but hey, here's two classical textures out of nowhere with little matching with the environment around them!

Other than that, for the love of $deity, continue your work. I wanna play that so hard.

6 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Working again in Main UAC Hangar, this thing was halted for like 6 months because i was busy with my main mod:

I can't help but love bright-mapped textures!

What texture pack is that if you don't mind me asking? The Doom 3 set?

45 minutes ago, Albertoni said:

@Zanieon No offense, but those red keycard textures look goofy in that context. Everything is 100% custom and awesome, but hey, here's two classical textures out of nowhere with little matching with the environment around them!

Other than that, for the love of $deity, continue your work. I wanna play that so hard.

No problem, i know that it doesn't match the ambience all that perfect but it is a religion to me to keep the informative textures unchanged, keydoor textures as well switches you will see that i never change in my maps that way nobody have to get used to new visuals for those and get lost or overlook them, i sometimes add new effects to improve those but still makes sure that the classic thing will appear yet.

44 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I can't help but love bright-mapped textures!

What texture pack is that if you don't mind me asking? The Doom 3 set?

It is a custom pack i made back in 2008, i ripped the Doom 3's Alpha Labs and few other textures on my own by the age and applied their normalmap in photoshop as a simple greyscale overlay image over them and the specular map i applied as screen, the other textures comes from the Too Much Brown texture pack from Realm667.

EDIT: Except the Hextile, that texture i made on my own to give that refelctive look through alpha.

5 minutes ago, Zanieon said:

No problem, i know that it doesn't match the ambience all that perfect but it is a religion to me to keep the informative textures unchanged, keydoor textures as well switches you will see that i never change in my maps that way nobody have to get used to new visuals for those and get lost or overlook them, i sometimes add new effects to improve those but still makes sure that the classic thing will appear yet.

I can respect that. I don't like it from a graphic perspective, but from the player's perspective? 11 out of 10, you got that part of level design down.

I'd rather you made the texture more fitting, like add some detail or gradients to the metal part, or make the red part of the keycard texture bright, as if it was a lamp, along with a mild red glow on the door. Keep it recognizable, but more flashy. Sure, those are just ideas, so do as you want with them.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

I've never been good at making outdoor areas, which is why I tend to avoid them.  but I like how this is turning out so far.

U9e5qLg.jpg

Not good at outdoor areas...? You're so full of shit. Stop lying. That looks GORGEOUS! =D

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

I've never been good excellent at making outdoor areas, which is why I tend to avoid them.  but I like how this is turning out so far.

FTFY, because good that looks like for sure, heh.

56 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Well, compared to what I usually end up with :-P

I really hope you still are thinking about that video series on your map design. because you're incredible.

Right. I canned any development on any current or future maps.

Zaneion, Albertoni. If you two ever want to toss the mapping shit at a whiteboard and see what sticks between the two of you in collaborative efforts, let us know. I'm curious to see what a project from both of you would look like.

Just uh, y'know. Zaneion? If you're going to make a map as big as Vinur? Toss in applicably sized critters and the like. It was a good map; but perhaps bigger than it actually needed to be; and/or lacked things that took advantage of this massive scale.

I'm not doing any maps solo from now on. There's better things I could be doing than spending months on a map, and getting zero feedback; or irrelevant "feedback" from those who have no intention of playing the map. If you want an extra set of hands for a map, so be it, but I'm not doing it alone.

And even then; all of my maps are just conceptual pallets for everyone else to use. They're maps I want to play and had fun making; but it becomes grating after the millionth playtest, and you just wanna be done with it

Edited by SArais