Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

As usual you got the atmosphere down, @YukiRaven. You know, I think it would be quite fun to do a collaborative map with you some time if you were ever open to the idea. Perhaps a horror themed map or something that makes advanced use of GZDoom features. :)

On jeudi 22 juin 2017 at 10:13 PM, YukiRaven said:

Actually it's Doom now :-P

:(

13 minutes ago, Gez said:

:(

I know... but I don't like the feel of the enemies and weapons in Heretic.  Until I find time to balance them how I'd want, a Heretic map is on the back burner for me.

At least this one only uses Doom for the enemies and weapons.  Otherwise it takes place in the 1920s or thereabouts.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

A new, mostly finished area.  Took a lot of planning to get the scale right for the combat and feel.  The fog is just haphazardly placed for now to see how it would fit with this room.

I need to look at this thread more often. That's stunning!

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

Spoiler

dVQuVBD.png

14ipfL7.png

A new, mostly finished area.  Took a lot of planning to get the scale right for the combat and feel.  The fog is just haphazardly placed for now to see how it would fit with this room.

Also, more purple for ya, @GarrettChan :D

Holy moly, I love the colored lighting and the cloudy fog there. I think a different color of water might suit the scene better though, possibly?

16 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

different color of water

20368897f892378cf080d85041ce2383.jpg

It is essentially nukage, but I feel green works really nicely, if a little too contrasting. Naturally, as one would expect as it works perfectly as green is in the 'colour triangle' if applied to a standard colour wheel (see below). Same applies with gold/orange colours.

colour-wheel-triadic.jpg

21 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

I think a different color of water might suit the scene better though, possibly?

I agree, I'll see what I can do to tweak it.  I'm thinking more of a greyish seafoam green than a nuke green, though @Dragonfly, using this as a tool for colors.

Good choice! Perhaps even desaturating the green will help some more with making it register as water instead of nuclear waste to the common Doomer? :)

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

It is essentially nukage, but I feel green works really nicely, if a little too contrasting. Naturally, as one would expect as it works perfectly as green is in the 'colour triangle' if applied to a standard colour wheel (see below). Same applies with gold/orange colours.

hi careful with the fake RYB color wheel, distorts the truth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RYB_color_model

RGB-Color-Wheel-500.png

The environment is purple. Maximum complementary contrast would be chartreuse water, with green and yellow still pretty contrasting. I would try a nice medium between blue and that scooby doo feeling the green gives me; try spring green or cyan water if the palette permits. Don't forget about dark/light as well, not just hue. ex: Brown looks very different from orange. So dark/light waters of each color should be explored.

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

I know... but I don't like the feel of the enemies and weapons in Heretic.  Until I find time to balance them how I'd want, a Heretic map is on the back burner for me.

At least this one only uses Doom for the enemies and weapons.  Otherwise it takes place in the 1920s or thereabouts.

If you like my rebalance of various weapons and enemies, you're welcome to steal my Decorate. More tweaks and a couple of new enemies/artifacts on the way in the next beta, which should be out in July. Part of me is almost glad you switched back to Doom -- it would be hard to "compete" with the work you're doing, even though I know it's not a competition.

8 minutes ago, Combinebobnt said:

yep looks like that's how you make doom not doom. totally another level above our 1 pixel per square mile

That was kinda the goal :D I am also working on a WAD involving stealth and set in Japan, but I'm not sure whether I will succeed or not.

I'm particularly impressed with the foliage. Are they a load of slightly offset linedefs with a transparent plant texture on them, or did you import something more model-ish?

43 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I'm particularly impressed with the foliage. Are they a load of slightly offset linedefs with a transparent plant texture on them, or did you import something more model-ish?

They are textures and nothing more.

I just finished a Heretic gameplay mod where you play as a badass cat dude.

1 hour ago, Impie said:

I just finished a Heretic gameplay mod where you play as a badass cat dude.

Are those weapons all complete new or just retextures? in any case its really awesome, and the name Karnak makes me think its a reference to Bastet?

I posted this as a status update and totally forgot to crosspost in this topic, so here we go.

First footage (yeah, it's silent -- I have no sounds yet) of GULFENSTEIN 3D.

10 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

I posted this as a status update and totally forgot to crosspost in this topic, so here we go.

First footage (yeah, it's silent -- I have no sounds yet) of GULFENSTEIN 3D.

Oh my god that looks AWESOME.

35 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

GULFENSTEIN 3D.

WHAT.

WHEN DOES THIS COME OUT.

43 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Are those weapons all complete new or just retextures? in any case its really awesome, and the name Karnak makes me think its a reference to Bastet?

All the weapons completely replace the originals. The Lightbringer is exactly as it is found on Realm667, and everything else is heavily modified or made new. Karnak is the name of an ancient city in Egypt I believe.

list-weapon.png

@Impie Your character basis is actually rooted in egyptian mythology. Bastet was known as the goddess of cats and I believe the nile. She was typically depicted as a half cat, half human hybrid!

8 hours ago, Phade102 said:

@Impie Your character basis is actually rooted in egyptian mythology. Bastet was known as the goddess of cats and I believe the nile. She was typically depicted as a half cat, half human hybrid!

lol Actually Maa'hes is the name of a lion-headed Egyptian deity of war, so you're not too far off.

I've been big on Egyptian mythology since seventh grade, and a lot of my fantasy projects involve it somehow. My novel Infernal Affairs: A Divine Comedy of Errors has a scene with a very drunk Hathor trying to have a conversation on the telephone.

Im making a doom 2 WAD called Lust for killing.

Im also totally new about making wads and maps (also programming) and im totally new about this community, so i want to know everything, good or bad, i would be thankful if you let me know about it