Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

So, i have problems with stairs. How do i make em?

Pic under spoiler is related to problem.

(With situations like that, i grow more hatred for boom mapping.)

Spoiler

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg.cfc729f47d83e3c3feccb6312cb32588.jpg
And it just stays like dat

4 minutes ago, Bonfac said:

Hide contents

I believe there is a stair sequence command, isnt there? I'm pretty sure you're just meant to alternate between 1 and 2 of that...but to be honest i've never done stairs like that. Might be worth putting this in editing question, see if someone can help you out.

13 minutes ago, Bonfac said:

Reveal hidden contents

You need tag only one floor in start and all linedefs should face that one tagged floor. I have almost the same setup, except it doesn't break. Remove those tags and leave it on start. 

Here in this screenshot you can see stair setup.

Boiling caves at 2017.07.15 19-44-46.425 [R2980].jpg

4 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

You need tag only one floor in start and all linedefs should face that one tagged floor. I have almost the same setup, except it doesn't break. Remove those tags and leave it on start. 

Thank you so much, m8.
Now ill delete my post.
i cant eh

The point of threads like this is that if people have a similar problem they can find the solution. Deleting questions and answers would be a disservice to everyone else who might have the same issue later.

I speak as someone who finds like 99% of the answers to my computer problems from already answered threads on stackoverflow and random forums pulled from a websearch. :p

Making a mapset using more ZDoom features than usual, like 3D bridges, portals, and custom actors. I have nothing to show for it since there's a pissload of Decorate errors I'm trying to find.

36 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Uh. I just started another map instead of finishing anything.

Spoiler

Am74hwX.png?1

9vf8EnI.png?1

2Ife6bl.png?1

uB2ANbV.png?1

This looks fantastically cool! Mountainous cliffside village is a really neat theme and you've executed it well. The sense of scale is really strong, I hope you get to see some of those angles during normal gameplay! I think my favorite part is the big winding tan staircase, it looks authentically hand-built and nicely ancient.

A set of limit-size maps, from the littlest to the biggest i'm working on these days:

Spoiler

192 x 192 map start:

nXvM7SA.png

256 x 256 map start:

C8crxBB.png

256 x 384 map:

WKnIrej.png

and a little bug i've got for another map i'm working, it's a fake 3d bridges that can be seen on two sides of a room:

Spoiler

from this point, the bridge effect works:

RXy6hEU.png

but when walking on the bridge, this awful glitch appears:

RmwsLxv.png

7 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

...and a little bug i've got for another map i'm working, it's a fake 3d bridges that can be seen on two sides of a room:

Not sure what causes that but when I did 3d-bridges on my map they leaked until I changed nodebuilder to ZDBSP - normal (zero reject).

The sector that makes the bridge's floor must be a self-referencing sector in order to prevent the floor from being rendered. Alternatively, the sector that makes the bridge's floor can be a normal sector with untextured lower sides, but then the bridge should be placed such that the player can't view it from a side. It's not possible to both render the floor and avoid seeing that glitch when viewing the bridge from a side (unless you're working within the limits that make this trick possible).

Had some fun for a few days modifying some textures; pretty happy with the results and am finally getting on to making a map...

5kBJvtz.png

yV7islH.png

G5gYM4f.png

BMYdFd5.png

I made a big courtyard (friendly Cacodemon included) with rain and waving grass and a cathedral linked to it by an antechamber of sorts. Not sure what I am going to do with these yet but it was fun to work with a limited color scheme.

edit: vvvvv Thanks!

Edited by CJacobsSA

This thing is just being slow AF because i'm divided in mapping between this, Hunter's Moon, SnapMap and Distance.
46NiRJD.jpg

Rather than posting some screenshots, here's a short vid showing the rooms I've working on for the past few days.  They're all still unfinished, but the concepts and plans are there.

Currently working on this confinement2048 map

NWftiK7.png

hUuH4BF.png

e - also noticed  a texture error now when I whored these pictures allover dw ...

e2 - Yay! two texture errors.

Edited by NeedHealth

Working on my quick map before mapper's block hits me once again. Maybe today or tommorrow I'll put this in new thread(of course finished,not in state like this) and get some salt/motivation from other people. 

MAP01(speedmap stuff) at 2017.07.23 12-05-17.865 [R2980].jpg