Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

My latest attempt at a nova 3 map. This is probably going to end up a secret map. It is called Chewing the Fat and it is  WIP. This is the starbase area(out of the other two, hell and jungle). It is ripped out from time and space and placed in a void. The demons are trying to escape this displaced place (heh) and they are hungry from their attempts. Then you showed up - cue massive collision.

Decided each area should range from more linear to less. This one ended up somewhere in between - but it is not done yet so that might change with time (heh!)

W3mUS56.png

The point of view make the lights a bit to angular, but eh.

HMHz24k.png

e- another point of view

qbrG18n.png

e2 - how it ended up. I need to learn the dobu gabu methodtm to solve the light on the left because it looks awkward as f?ck

DKnvfRe.png

Edited by NeedHealth

Gotta share the mini-victories! After a ton of tweaking, I just got the Doom Palette versions of my custom textures to look reasonably close to their true color counterparts. Now my level will play on any Boom-compatible source port (and give ports which support 'em, prettier 24bit textures)!

p3lu6co.jpg

DZkI1Me.jpg

Note to future newbs (like me) who want to create their own textures using the Doom Palette: Use dithering sparingly when converting your color space from 24bit to Doom's 256 indexed colors. Doom makes most dithered things look extremely muddy (especially in low brightness areas). It may be that I used a lot of noise when creating my true color textures for "realism" / subtle color variation, but I dunno man ... As soon as I started converting things without dithering, it was like night/day.

So, a level from Plutonia 2 gave me a challenge here. Surprisingly I was able to port this level over 2 days. It is Map 25, Black Ice, but had to be renamed due to PSX Doom having no ice, and also it was made into a night level instead. So, Map 25 is now Cooling Point. No Cyberdemons are in the level due to limitations. here is the vid:

The start is kinda slow, heh.

I do not know if it i an established practice, but I wouldn't change the  name of a level as it kind of makes it your own even though the content wasn't created by you.  Though - of course, it can be argued that you have to demake these levels so much when porting them to psx that it basically isn't the same level the creator envisioned anymore.

I just felt that Black Ice wasn't a fitting name to it due to there being no ice on the level at all. It's like, Plutonia 2 Map 11 Arch Violence couldn't keep the name due to the psx having no arch viles in the game so in the end it was named Rev-Olt. If there's any problems about the names I can add (Black Ice) and (Arch Violence) to the end of these map names.

I totally agree with you 100% about not being the same level the creator envisioned because of the limitations. If it wasn't for the limitations I would have left the monsters as they are. The last level in the project is Plutonia 2/PRCP merged together, just like The Lost Levels project.

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Working title is Eye of Horus.

UOymaQd.jpg

b2a0Uu6.jpg

Where did you get those textures? I have been wanting to do some Stargate themed modfing and those would be perfect.

3 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Working title is Eye of Horus.

UOymaQd.jpg

b2a0Uu6.jpg

Wow this looks badass. I can only wonder how long it took to make those textures too... Looks very promising indeed :O

1 hour ago, DemonusDefunctus said:

Where did you get those textures? I have been wanting to do some Stargate themed modfing and those would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, Cryo said:

Wow this looks badass. I can only wonder how long it took to make those textures too... Looks very promising indeed :O

They are from Powerslave and Epic 2, which is a combination of Powerslave and other games that are unknown to me.

Sadly, I can only show map plan, because I didn't create something special which would be worth 3d view yet. It's hard to work without inspiration and some personal drama behind. 

no promise heh at 2017.09.09 21-31-41.061 [R2990].jpg

After 21 hours of work, here is the first teaser for my next map. The running title is 'Lunar Core,' though this may change. This is my submission for Nova III, and I decided to really drag myself out of any comfort zone I may be hiding in. I may have bit off more than I can chew with this one, but so far, its going quite well.

This is designed for the 3rd episode that has a Moon theme. I wanted to try something a bit different, so this map takes place in a cavern deep within the Moon with technology left behind from some previous, forsaken, expedition into the Moons core. Most of the map has been built using curving line defs to give it a natural, organic look. I also wanted this one to be completely my own ideas and to move away from my previous map. Although 'Technomancy' tuned out well, it was always designed to be a one off piece.

8Bit Shocker has also created a brand new midi track for the map, and as a result I'm especially excited to get this one finished.  

Nova Submission 1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Relinquished said:

After 21 hours of work, here is the first teaser for my next map. The running title is 'Lunar Core,' though this may change. This is my submission for Nova III, and I decided to really drag myself out of any comfort zone I may be hiding in. I may have bit off more than I can chew with this one, but so far, its going quite well.

This is designed for the 3rd episode that has a Moon theme. I wanted to try something a bit different, so this map takes place in a cavern deep within the Moon with technology left behind from some previous, forsaken, expedition into the Moons core. Most of the map has been built using curving line defs to give it a natural, organic look. I also wanted this one to be completely my own ideas and to move away from my previous map. Although 'Technomancy' tuned out well, it was always designed to be a one off piece.

8Bit Shocker has also created a brand new midi track for the map, and as a result I'm especially excited to get this one finished.  

Nova Submission 1.jpg

Looks like a lot of curves and linedefs! Very abstract and interesting. 

Several pics from my new Amiga Demo Party map. It's actually a remix of Map01 of Abcess. It will be up for beta-testing by tomorrow at the latest.