Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Been toying with the idea of remaking Angst after my other projects are done, but I'm not sure if I like the guns I've put together. They're definitely better than the original Angst's useless arsenal, but still.

Pics of Hangar with absolutely zero ambient lighting.  Still very much in progress, though...and I'm using it with a few gameplay enhancements, but they don't affect the way it's lit in the standalone wad.

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080543.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080549.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080625.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080641.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080651.png

What happened to the courtyard? It doesn't use a lava rock texture for the dirt floor normally, and why is there a bridge covering the nukage lake and reaching up to the wall?

I didn't want to be cheap.  I wanted to change some other things too.  And the lava rock texture gives the whole sector better visibility because you can assign a glow to it and it makes more sense than assigning a glow to the original floor texture.  Also, the bridge doesn't extend to the wall.  It doesn't go beyond the nukage pool.  It just looks that way because it's so dark.

Edited by rabidrage

10 hours ago, rabidrage said:

Pics of Hangar with absolutely zero ambient lighting.  Still very much in progress, though...and I'm using it with a few gameplay enhancements, but they don't affect the way it's lit in the standalone wad.

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080543.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080625.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171114_080641.png

Ooooooh. hanger looks totally sinister

months later, still on Etomana map04 (only now I got some inspirations to continue)

Shoutout to @Myst.Haruko for teaching me how to add more salts.

PS: There's a berserk pack in front of baron's closet.

23559772_10213772524734931_2724951654205

2 hours ago, tourniquet said:

untouched since more than half a year i finally found enough inspiration to finish this one

dolor.png.7f8708f20d0857856e70880bc92759f8.png

You could probably sell that as abstract art and no one would know it was actually a Doom map.

@R1ck

That is a very inefficient way of doing monster closets. You seem at least to have put them in the general direction the player is assumed to be in when the monsters teleport - that is good. Better however is to do a daisy chain or if you're mapping for non-vanilla: scrolling floors.

Edited by NeedHealth

5 hours ago, tourniquet said:

untouched since more than half a year i finally found enough inspiration to finish this one

dolor.png.7f8708f20d0857856e70880bc92759f8.png

Dude, that's just...when they look beautiful even from the map view, I envy the skill of the person who made them.  Damn.  Definitely not my specialty.

38 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Are those BTSX textures I see? I don't think @esselfortium will be happy with this, since using the BTSX resource is not allowed until E3 is released.

I'm using various sets as a base and haven't released - if she wants them down I'll do so immediately.

Edited by Shawneth

4 hours ago, Breezeep said:

Are those BTSX textures I see? I don't think @esselfortium will be happy with this, since using the BTSX resource is not allowed until E3 is released.

all the more reason to release e3

/s

On 12/19/2016 at 3:25 AM, YukiRaven said:

I haven't been mapping in months. Felt good to finally get some more work done on my project tonight.

qs029OT.jpg
lYuV6ID.jpg
r3RrGGp.jpg

that looks badass

^

And it's already released. You should check it out under Shadows of Nightmare Realm name if I remember that correctly.

A few days ago I started to develop my map for DMP 2017. At the moment, the map is very raw. There is no concept, no textures, no lighting ... nothing. Only naked geometry. I do not even know if I can make it to the deadline myself.

Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_01.jpg  Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_02.jpg  Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_03.jpg  Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_04.jpg

Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_05.jpg  Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_06.jpg  Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_07.jpg  Unnamed_-_Fiery_Rooster_Arena_08.jpg

Make textures of colors (well not purple) similar to the texture-less render!

make it bright and non-doomish as at least a hidden map to the regular map.

there's too much regular doom appeal to all these maps that have come out in the past 20 years

On 11.11.2017 at 10:45 PM, ukiro said:

Saturday map doodle. Decided to do some equilateral triangles. Editor pic is mega high res, so zoom into that if 1px grid stuff is your turn-on.

Vby5g7K.png

7j2CqyE.png

Holy  SHIT dude!

On 18/11/2017 at 2:23 AM, Lokust Sun said:

there's too much regular doom appeal to all these maps that have come out in the past 20 years

Now that I think about it you're absolutely right!

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, AleksB said:

that looks badass

please release that one soon! I already want to try it out

Now, seriously... How do you guys avoid going into "too many details" mode while mapping?

I can't resist adding more rooms and details and then I'm out of juice to finish the level... Guess I need to revert back to vanilla mapping and its limiting limits...

The map below was so simple and nearly finished 2 wks ago :) Now after introducing more rooms I consider it to be 30% done :/

new_satanic_map.png

1 hour ago, mgr_inz_rafal said:

Now, seriously... How do you guys avoid going into "too many details" mode while mapping?

I can't resist adding more rooms and details and then I'm out of juice to finish the level... Guess I need to revert back to vanilla mapping and its limiting limits...

I always make one room full of details that the player probably won't even see, and then I'll look at the time and go: "It's been an hour and a half already? I've ONLY JUST STARTED making this room!"

1 hour ago, mgr_inz_rafal said:

The map below was so simple and nearly finished 2 wks ago :) Now after introducing more rooms I consider it to be 30% done :/

There's your problem, the more rooms you add without reason, the more you will feel the map is incomplete, if you add a room just because you had the idea for it but actually have no intention to make it a part of the map's flow besides fill it with resources, hold yourself from doing it so.

UAC Vinur Prime was meant to be a medium-sized map for Zandronum survival, however i ended with this monster of 1-hour long of playtime because i did the mistake you are doing:

YPhBWEG.jpg

I'm seeing wonderful things on this thread but not many wonderful things in /newstuff or I'm looking at the wrong ones. I'm not talking about community projects. Actually all of the /newstuff is good too, I'm just not seeing anything like these maps and I'd love to play these experimentals.