Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:25 PM, Spectre01 said:

Hopefully I can finish this in time for DMP2017. Also, platforming in Doom, c'mon Bruh!

6RmCCk4.jpg

a9PXykZ.jpg

i see shit like this all the time but never get to play it...WHERE ARE THESE MAPS FOR MY PLAYING PLEASURE!?

Metra: The Last City

This is one of my big projects.

However, it's not at all what you'd think. There's not at all any killing, or any real objective, except to explore. The game takes place in a big city in space, with the majority of the population, being intelligent, human-like robots. The city has everything a real city has. Stores, restaurants, bathrooms, a community center, a metro,  and even a church! I'm not gonna be finished with it anytime soon, so I'm gonna build up as much as I can on this giant, well.....soon to be giant, city!

All the textures (minus some doom textures!) were made by me, and I've chosen to completely take out the MIDI, and only use natural sounds, like space and city noises.

I'm also open to anyone willing to help out with the project, such as: adding a sounds pack, textures, and even coding (if you're up for it).

Just let me know, and I'll share the map with you, and we can both work on it together!

And of course, you'll be credited properly and fairly upon your contributions.

Thanks, well and godspeed too you all!...........and merry Christmas!

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_37_31 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_34_27 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_33_49 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_36_02 PM.png

On 12/21/2017 at 9:14 AM, Expolision Studios said:

This is my first SERIOUS WAD for me to ever make, because Everything was made by me. (except the MIDI!)

This IS a work in progress, so take everything with a grain of salt, and i'm happy to hear what you might prefer to see in the final version!

There's not much of a story here......yet.

I know you're gonna ask about the guns, those only temporary. I needed them in the WAD, for testing purposes, not just for me, but you as well.

I also added in some Easter eggs, like a Doom calender, a Quake picture, and a Godzilla poster.

The map is a dark, ambient, home filled with paranormal activity, and chills. I plan on making ghosts, or some kind of demon, other than an Imp, or a Pinky. But a shadow person.

I've always wanted to make this map, but never know how.

I do hope you enjoy the first opening of it, and let me know your recommendations!

Link here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sw353awsxrljcgg/The Unknown.zip

5a3b3efb35aff_ZDOOM2.8.1(2016-02-1615_46_350300)12_20_20178_45_25PM.png.51e43665e1ad389978301362004e8af5.png

YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION

5 hours ago, Payload4367 said:

Does' a map ever really get "finished"? ;) ...

p.s. it's rhetorical.

Screenshot (53).png

That is one crazy map. Reminds me a lot of Mad God. Only difference is, Mad God is an animation series that's been going on for 30 years. But, I like how you keep adding on to it with no real ending. great work, and godspeed to you!

Got some ideas for my E1 replacement. So far, I only have started mapping & here are two screenshots of the first & second level.

It's going to be Boom compatible.

ScreenHunter_2668 Dec. 24 08.39.jpg

ScreenHunter_2669 Dec. 24 08.39.jpg

On 26. 2. 2016 at 0:09 AM, everennui said:

I would love to see everyone's prize masterpiece. If you spent over 50 hours on your map I would love to see it.

I'm going to fix the bugs by getting them maps 16

Edited by paja

Shouldn'ta done all that drinking while handling delicate reality-breaking devices...

3 hours ago, Impie said:

Shouldn'ta done all that drinking while handling delicate reality-breaking devices...

Oh nice porting over Strange Aeons to Heretic ehh?
JK
But i love how your mapping style hasn't changed at all XD

7 hours ago, SOSU said:

Oh nice porting over Strange Aeons to Heretic ehh?
JK
But i love how your mapping style hasn't changed at all XD

Considering this map is based on one from Chasm: The Rift, I must have the same mapping style. I dunno if I should be pleased with that or not...

1 hour ago, Impie said:

Considering this map is based on one from Chasm: The Rift, I must have the same mapping style. I dunno if I should be pleased with that or not...

Well you and chasm have a lot in common like tight corridors and flat areas,that's not a style for everyone but i like it C:

43 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Well you and chasm have a lot in common like tight corridors and flat areas,that's not a style for everyone but i like it C:

It depends what I'm trying to do, and what textures I have to work with. A lot of my projects are inspired by obscure mid-90s shooters, which sorta have the same layouts.

1 minute ago, Impie said:

It depends what I'm trying to do, and what textures I have to work with. A lot of my projects are inspired by obscure mid-90s shooters, which sorta have the same layouts.

Yeah stuff like Chasm has textures that only look good if the ceiling is only 128px high :( and most obscure 90s fps have really flat maps.

Christmas Eve texture testing. GZDoom still can't draw skies correctly, it seems...

GIriaqz.png

6 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Right now, I am working on my Carrot Cake Massacre level.

Carrot Cake Massacre Automap.png

27805 monsters.

thats uh...im sure you could squeeze a few more in there.

New update on Metra. 

Ive completely finished building the Metro, (which turned out amazing!)

I've added a new recreational area, along with an extra set of bathrooms.

I'm very excited with how the final result will turn out! If there is a final result....

Anyway, just thought I'd fill in some more on this project.

Let me know what you think!

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_34_27 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_34_51 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_36_02 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_36_27 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_36_48 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_23_2017 10_37_31 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_04_13 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_04_24 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_04_35 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_04_49 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_05_02 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_05_12 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_05_35 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_05_54 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_06_08 PM.png

space wad.wad (MAP01) - Doom Builder 12_26_2017 8_06_22 PM.png

2 hours ago, Expolision Studios said:

New update on Metra.

I think it looks great. I've played a lot of indie games that are stylistically similar, like Bernband.

When you are going to take in-editor screenshots in the Visual Mode, press H to make the yellow highlighting go away, and press T twice to get rid of the boxes around the things. After taking the screenshots, you can press H and T once again to bring it back to normal.