Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Finally restarted work on my Doom 2 revamp.

tC9sBZI.png

SIbyAch.png

What about other maps?

What I see here is cool and all, just want to see what else there is.

I got a new computer and haven't been making maps for a while, so I decided to make a test map of my school. I played a bit of multiplayer on it, and it was really fun, so I decided to make a whole multiplayer map from it and put it in a megawad I'm making. I'm already halfway done.

Spoiler

>inb4 someone makes an Eric Harris joke

Screenshot_Doom_20180122_201244.png

12 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Look, I understand as a kid wanting to make a dm arena of a place you and your school friends are familiar with irl, but this is totally uncouth to relate to your project.

37 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Yep, that's what I'm known for.

Stuff like that isn't really welcome here so i'd be careful of what you say.

1 hour ago, SouthPaw said:

Well if that's what you want to be known for, maybe start making maps that look nice and are fun to play so some people beyond teenage edgelords will value you.

Word of advice: real building layouts have been done to death in Doom and have been proven not fun to play.

Ah, who doesn't love some good old drama. I'm going to leave myself out of it and work on my WAD a little more.

Half-way through redoing MAP02. MAP01 is redone, and also isolated into a single-map WAD that I may upload soon. But for now, have some images. Both from MAP01, after the enemies in the area have been cleared (HMP).

titanpass1-1.PNG

titanpass1-2.PNG

2 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Here's some of the other screenshots I currently have on my imgur account. MAP12 and MAP14 have barely been started and I haven't done anything at all for MAP20, so there's no images of those yet.

Hide contents

MAP13:

veYISOG.png

U2sTRbU.png

ywS3Ki0.png

MAP15:

oarbruu.png

BQb6BK2.png

MAP16:

c0G9bov.png

MAP17:

3CoaYbW.png

MAP18:

5V6bfZ0.png

Looking good.

I was surprised by your decision to put tech elements into The Citadel. It's an unusual interpretation of a demon castle. Should be interesting to see how well it works.

21 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I was surprised by your decision to put tech elements into The Citadel. It's an unusual interpretation of a demon castle. Should be interesting to see how well it works.

It's not necessarily that odd a choice. There's clearly tech elements in Hell. Looking at the Icon of Sin. There's all sorts of tech-y apparatuses going on there. There are Poison signs in The Chasm. I'm sure there are others. My point is that tech and Hell don't necessarily clash as much as other things (such as, for example, a Starbase with a bone wall).

19 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I decided to give The Citadel a Shores of Hell-esque look, looking especially to Deimos Anomaly and Deimos Lab for inspiration. I'm planning on doing the same for Gotcha - the console version of Spawning Vats in particular.

13 minutes ago, 94's the best style said:

I mean, the leaders of Hell's forces are a cyborg and a brain on a robotic platform, can't get more tech than that.

Not to mention a giant face with a ton of pipes stuck in it.

23 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Here's some of the other screenshots I currently have on my imgur account. MAP12 and MAP14 have barely been started and I haven't done anything at all for MAP20, so there's no images of those yet.

Hide contents

MAP13:

hhuxNt9.png

3I614xQ.png

AkMOIvS.png

ywS3Ki0.png

I think that I had more fun watching images of your revamp of Downtown than playing the original map. 

There's just something about the Duke 3d and Realms of haunting like "realisim" that I really like. 

I redesign Etomana Map05. This must be the final design because I kinda sick at changing the map design over and over.

Spoiler

19030214_525508917833735_556430533193986

More recently I did a lot of work to put Doom Core, Reverie and Eternally Yours into a singular Doom Core Trilogy WAD for ZDoom using the MAPINFO's episodic format. I included new text screens and graphics for Doom Core and Eternally Yours since neither of them had any story intermissions, and Doom Core now has the limit-removing versions of maps 5, 6, 11, 13, 19 and 31. I replaced MAP27 with the original MAP28 I had for Doom Core since it couldn't make the final cut, and I've got a bonus map I created for this set which occupies the MAP77 slot - it was based on the original MAP02 idea I had for it which was the old home we had in Lake Tahoe, Nevada which I never finished. In short - I'm hoping it feels much more like a complete experience now. Here are some screens of the bonus map:

YUE7qBv.png

WUxwYWu.png

ZoYBXDu.png

On 1/22/2018 at 9:17 PM, SouthPaw said:

I got a new computer and haven't been making maps for a while, so I decided to make a test map of my school. I played a bit of multiplayer on it, and it was really fun, so I decided to make a whole multiplayer map from it and put it in a megawad I'm making. I'm already halfway done.

Screenshot_Doom_20180122_201244.png

I like the theme going on here! Looks like it could be pretty fun, and the geometry and texture choice is pretty cool as well. Are their replacements for all of the weapons? I notice the AK-47 and was curious as if that was the only replacement or not. How many maps are we talking here?

On 1/23/2018 at 11:15 AM, Fonze said:

Well if that's what you want to be known for, maybe start making maps that look nice and are fun to play so some people beyond teenage edgelords will value you.

Woahhh, a little harsh there haha. Sure he said something that can be seen as offensive, but it wasn't like he was specifically making fun of the incident. And I don't think he was saying that's all he wanted to be known for lol, nothing wrong with having a sense of humor every now and then in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, K3K said:

Woahhh, a little harsh there haha. Sure he said something that can be seen as offensive, but it wasn't like he was specifically making fun of the incident. And I don't think he was saying that's all he wanted to be known for lol, nothing wrong with having a sense of humor every now and then in my opinion. 

There can be if you're joking about an event that almost got our collectively favourite game banned.

(EDIT: does this even make grammatical sense?)

5 hours ago, K3K said:

Woahhh, a little harsh there haha. Sure he said something that can be seen as offensive, but it wasn't like he was specifically making fun of the incident.

Ummm.... reading comprehension much?

Southpaw said:

On 1/22/2018 at 9:46 PM, MrD!zone said:

Distasteful.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, SouthPaw said:

First off, making a columbine joke (and by extension, pointing out that one can be made) is literally making fun of the tragedy, like that's kinda the definition. Further, he felt the need to point out that a columbine joke could be made (encouraging others) rather than trying to distance himself from the tragedy, which points out that he is knowledgable-enough about what happened to know how bad that is. Note also that he did not try to distance himself from "school doom wad=columbine" at all; he did not say that his wad is a harmless thing for fun between him and his school friends while bored in computer class or something like that, or that he just wanted to make a layout of an area the people he'd be dm'ing with would be familiar with, no; he went straight to the taboo. When called out on being distasteful, he proudly/smartassishly stated that's what he's known for. And I hope that statement becomes the truth; always good to be able to recognize gutter trash when seen.

5 hours ago, K3K said:

And I don't think he was saying that's all he wanted to be known for lol,

But he was more than happy to point out that:

On 1/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, SouthPaw said:

And unfortunately he isn't known for anything else around here, so now this is literally all he is known for here. Well done!

5 hours ago, K3K said:

nothing wrong with having a sense of humor every now and then in my opinion. 

I agree, and hopefully this guy will have a sense of humor about people treating him as a pariah, after all, if you cannot laugh at yourself, you should not laugh at others. Which I would have to extend for this example to if you cannot laugh at the thought of yourself getting shot to death or seeing a friend, sibling, or your own offspring shot to death, (because that's what happened there) maybe you shouldn't make jokes or encourage them about that happening to other people, because they were as important then as you are now and nobody is above death or extreme trauma.

10 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Is the HUD there intentionally meant to resemble a COMPTALL texture?

COMPSPAN/COMPTALL somewhat, yes. It's the status bar from Reverie so all three wads now use it.