Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Crossposting from doom picture thread, but this time I decided to make it more alive and did small gif.

giphy.gif

Sketches made just in 2 hours, specially for 3DGE community project.
t8niLk9.jpg

I've underestimated curve usage before.

Edited by riderr3

Starting area. Somehow I'm happy with my work and it looks.

Screenshot_Doom_20180322_011500.png

Edit: I'm adding prboom+ version too, because it's more lighter.

doom62.png

1 hour ago, SOSU said:

Dude that's a lot ._.,

That's a short list. They won't all  necessarily make it to play. Realm667 is pretty awesome though

5 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

That's a short list. They won't all  necessarily make it to play. Realm667 is pretty awesome though

Ah alright then.But remember this,quality >>> quantity in Doom :)

screencap of the church from journey.  just in case people are curious how i go about making these maps i just start designing rooms that hopefully look interesting. when i decide that all of it looks good in terms of length and design i choose which doors are locked with a key and or switch and what sector ends the map and then i add the player starts. monsters and the rest are added around that c:

this second screen is of map02 in progress. the player 1 start is there for testing purposes c:

Screenshot (172).png

Screenshot (171).png

I can't get the chainsaw to work how I want it to for the life of me. I want it to not be in your weapons thing when you throw it, but it stays with you when you do. And it doesn't spawn the chainsaw where it hits a wall or an enemy, it just spawns it where you are.

(I already posted this picture in the Post Your Doom Picture thread, but I thought I might just put it in here as well since it's part of my mod)

DY1AKG-VAAElENt.jpg.31cad58f72d432caac5eac397682c9ab.jpg

6 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Sounds like another "R667 showcase wad". I hope for your sake the asset choices feel consistent. :P

I'll be doing my best but that's one of the reasons I'm be releasing earlyish material for play testing. Get some feedback on new monster usage. Just because I think something is cool doesn't mean that other people do

11 hours ago, guitardz said:

A bit of freakiness.  Thanks to @Gez for tip on flipping the textures.

Flipping the textures upside down is a GREAT idea.  I might do that in my WAD.

A little bit of an oops moment that produced some interesting results. note to self: make note of your tags on your dummy sectors, and what's attached!

Screenshot_Doom_20180314_200435.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180314_200511.png

Sum operando ad aliquis WAD, qui creabit automatarium "lusores" (bots), independens de IWAD electus: ZetaBots.

Latin aside, this WAD I'm working on is called ZetaBots, and they are ZScript bots (they were controllers that held player classes, but now they just hold a monster pawn class that tries to emulate as closely possible a player pawn) that aim for intelligence with more humanistic behavior.

Edited by Gustavo6046

Hello everyone. I'm an absolute noob. These are some pictures of my first map ever made in Doom. I hope you like them. The idea is that it is a single huge map and that finishing it costs at least one hour minimum. Status 25%.

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Screenshot-2018-3-24 Tweets con contenido multimedia de Álvaro Aparicio ( Vuelodelcometa) Twitter.png

22222.PNG

DYvE11TX4AI_9hk.jpg

DYvExkkXUAAuFL9.jpg

Almost done with my 3DGE community map. Thankfully, this theme and layouts are well known to me.

UUYyMZi.jpg

71ecyiD.jpg

y5CSqe9.jpg

it sometimes seems the only real way I make big spaces is to make a succession of levels, but I'm trying super hard with Legendary Sea of Stars to get them in there and have stuff more exciting than just room by room encounters. I also need to look into some aquatic textures or something for this map, heh.

and for fun current layout

Screenshot_Doom_20180325_142134.png

22 hours ago, CoronaRadiata said:

DYvExkkXUAAuFL9.jpg

Where do you get the cool mourge textures?  Is it from the Blood texture resource?  Map looks awesome overall :)