Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

17 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Me likey. How did you do the light out of the tunnels? It looks smooth like dynamic lights but not rounded like a point light. Or is it just gradated sector lighting made to look good with an in game setting? I'm new to mapping in GZDoom so still picking things up

It's just a light thing inside a tunnel - everything else is just GZDoom :)

See the top view:

image.png.2283957d5b31c8d4b9a71b65480c5f0a.png

1 hour ago, Marlamir said:

Soo quakeish..... i like it!

On 17. 4. 2018 at 5:58 AM, Dude27th said:

Hopefully a Beta Demo with the first 4 levels of the game would be coming soon , but I need to make more weapons , and monsters , and items... To start with the levels

Zombie ate my neighbors in doom engine looks very exciting. looking forward to check this closely

Well if you mean code-wise it's kinda messy , pretty much just ACS and Decorate trickery.

If you mean mod-wise , I'm studying how different monsters react to each weapon , how much damage they receive , what are their weknesses and behaviour and stuff.

And I implemented some mechanics like the Game Over Screen , a Lives System , Some invisibility frames after a hit , different weapon firing animations in 1st person and 3rd person so , it could be interesting c:

I'm kinda having some compatibility problems tho with newer GZDoom versions in some scripts , but works fine in 1.9.1

I'm done with another weapon for my imp mod. It uses two mana types, it's quirky yet powerful! Press fire five times to charge up the pentagram, then once more to fire a burst of energy! But you can also switch to another weapon whenever. I think it turned out real slick, and the picture doesn't do it justice... (making videos is kind of a hassle on the other hand)Screenshot_Doom_20180420_231755.png.73746a6105c9d59f382b3219d3e4e186.png

And that concludes all the main weapons of my mod! Now I'll just add some extra stuff, like goomba-stomping and barrel-throwing!

1 hour ago, Scypek2 said:

I'm done with another weapon for my imp mod. It uses two mana types, it's quirky yet powerful! Press fire five times to charge up the pentagram, then once more to fire a burst of energy! But you can also switch to another weapon whenever. I think it turned out real slick, and the picture doesn't do it justice... (making videos is kind of a hassle on the other hand)Screenshot_Doom_20180420_231755.png.73746a6105c9d59f382b3219d3e4e186.png

And that concludes all the main weapons of my mod! Now I'll just add some extra stuff, like goomba-stomping and barrel-throwing!

This looks pretty damn cool I must say

working on my last level for the demo of my mod revenge of evil, the level is called "archvile temple", its a hell level.

HA1.png

HA2.png

HA3.png

HA4.png

HA5.png

HA6.png

HA7.png

HA8.png

HA9.png

HA10.png

HA11.png

HA12.png

HA13.png

HA14.png

HA15.png

On lundi 16 avril 2018 at 4:22 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Me likey. How did you do the light out of the tunnels? It looks smooth like dynamic lights but not rounded like a point light. Or is it just gradated sector lighting made to look good with an in game setting? I'm new to mapping in GZDoom so still picking things up

GZDoom now can restrict pointlights from projecting through one-sided walls. Note that this doesn't take verticality into account, so two-sided lines are fully transparent as usual.

hmm everyone doing full doom conversions while i'm just tooling about in dos lol

psydis_2_1_zps7yslaflb.png

psydis_2_2_zpsbuo98hha.png

having fun doing weird detail instead of "nice" detail i guess

things I assumed would overload the sidedef limit appear not to be

10 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Go on, pick it up.

I DARE YOU

Are 4 Cyberdemons, a couple of Arch-Viles, or Revenants, Barons, Hell Knights and a few Specters for extra frustration on the way xdd?

On 20. 4. 2018 at 9:30 AM, Xyzzy01 said:

I discovered pushers/pullers in Boom...

is it possible to do it in zdoom format too?

6 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Are 4 Cyberdemons, a couple of Arch-Viles, or Revenants, Barons, Hell Knights and a few Specters for extra frustration on the way xdd?

I can neither confirm nor deny any public rumours around who is living in these tenements. They are private citizens with private lives and this establishment will respect that privacy. I have no further comment on this subject at this time. Next question please.

827qtTs.png

a current layout of Legendary Sea of Stars, with 2 keys used at the moment. I feel map layouts are kind of deceptive sometimes, I swear this looks like a large layout in the editor but at the moment its at most 10-15 minutes of gamplay. weird.

4 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

FINALLY FINISHED THE MAP... well most of it, since i have to do testing and lots of detailing but still, funny how i first teased a bit of this map in january of last year phew!, time sure flies!

They're so so beautiful and atmospheric. Lovely <3 .

That sky and the lightning are surely game changers.

5 hours ago, Agent6 said:

That sky and the lightning are surely game changers.

It really does changes the mood a lot compared to back when it was still using the default light color instead of d64/psx doom colored lights

god... im so happy to finally finish that damn map

28 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

It really does changes the mood a lot compared to back when it was still using the default light color instead of d64/psx doom colored lights

god... im so happy to finally finish that damn map

No doubt about that, the standard lightning was unlikely going to do it much justice. Same story for the sky, high quality and pretty detailed.

2 hours ago, doomero-21 said:

the 5th level of revenge of evil and the last of the demo, creating my first hell level, 20% done.

I think what I like most about this is the nostalgica . It reminds me so much of those flashgames I used to play back in 2005 . Good stuff !

Here's the partial layout of my WAD, Twisted from Hell. It only contains 9 consecutive maps (TFHM01 to TFHM09), plus 2 for the boss (TFHM14) and Endmap. It's supposed to be a 14 map WAD yet I still don't have time coz I'll be entering college this coming month.

You can download the partially finished WAD here. I really appreciate comments, suggestions and criticism so as long as it's not personal 😂😂😂

Screenshot_2018-04-19-09-34-24.png

Screenshot_2018-04-19-09-31-22.png

Screenshot_2018-04-19-09-33-30.png

Screenshot_2018-04-19-09-32-30.png

Screenshot_2018-04-19-09-34-01.png

Twfrhell.zip

This was an exercise in detail and it made my brain melt trying to push myself! >_<

5ae0270c76610_XERXESIIat2018_04.2501-27-48.743R3012.jpg.2c4888a29e643f5c2a5668909050edec.jpg

Editor screenshots:

Spoiler

X22.png.982db76c5e02ca8895fa36952dce424f.png

Y20.png.36591358ef2c49899f3c4c1c2c89d257.png

Y21.png.ec47924a9c6d5e003441ac4ff688259e.png

Bonus: Thrusters!

SHAWN5.png.18758c3e2ed06c0126d90e3cfdf3402c.png