Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Having a case of mappers block, so I went and redid the starting the area.

nmAHpNH.png

e1 - more black sector fuckery

n38pFD7.png

5 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

What are those figures shrouded in darkness?

they're Obsidian Statues from Realm 667. I'll be adding some lights to make sure they're seen a little better :) btw they make an actual monster version of this too!

Guess what!

I got more screenies from my mod for you guys, because no one ever asked.

https://imgur.com/a/JoU3wAM

1366x768 resolution as always.

I don't have any more, but I can easily get some more, no problem, from the (technically incomplete) MAP41 and the ridiculously incomplete MAPXX, if you like.

Started my side of map for purple/violet mayhem version. Such grey, very purple.

1GWMRM0.png

<3 Chris nice to see you making some maps :) They look nice too.

1 hour ago, Chris Hansen said:

Attempting to make a 4 Ult. Doom levels as a celebration to Doom's 25th birthday. One from each episode. So little time...

Looking good mate, keep going! :)

Much appreciated, guys! I need all the support I can get my greedy hands on! Sparetime's not what it used to be. That's why I stick to what I know best and what's fastest: Oldschool, vanilla-like levels. I can't do newschool stuff and I sure as hell don't have the time to learn it! :D

I love the idea of having a doom anniversary wad with maps themed after each episode, i'll be looking foward to it =)

@Demonologist @Deadwing @galileo31dos01 @Spectre01 
I just mention those who will be interested in this info.

The MAP33 of my next project will be bonus map made from parts which are excluded from Urania.wad for some reasons. Mostly because vanilla savegame limitation. Also I added some new textures and Boom features.

The corresponding arrows shows areas which are cut out from megawad (map numbers). Old MAP07 was a typical Dead Simple clone, so I decided to threw it out and made castle map. You can find here familiar layouts...
oul0Nau.jpg

This was supposed to be MAP07 start. With more caves and small mineshaft to the east.

iqriq6H.png

Excluded area from MAP23 because of tightness. Notice the star pedestal I've also used in some Urania maps.

CA39MxV.png

MAP04 outtakes. There was enough warehouses and outposts, so this location also excluded.

dro8Q2T.png

MAP21 featured long snake-like path and different blue key area but this was excluded because of vanilla savegame limit.

yyYbKMa.png

On 5/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

The final battle awaits. I hope your body can take it

Looks awesome :3 .

@Chris Hansen Funny you should post this, I was also thinking of a 25th anniversary tribute. Mine is more Doom 2 style, aiming for the classic id feel. I finally have enough progress to show:

Map03a.png.b5efbb17e2b87e398ba6d0f599323ca0.png

Tunnel Access

Map27a.png.d0a7db223fbff680c593a2904e0b2229.png

The Deadly Seven

map18a.png.d76494a6e06e8168db9013c6eef0f3ed.png

Highrise

Map16a.png.085577580e31a22793fd2bd07bbf132e.png

Hang Left

The last one is playable, a short & crispy challenge to start the City segment after finishing the last 'episode' by death exit.

@paja Your doors don't look good. Neither do the switches. Doors like that first one in TNT map 14 aren't really a good look. Also, your doortracks are enormous. Well, at least the monster usage is OK. Which map is in the first video? 

On 2018-05-08 at 8:03 PM, paja said:

TPzaLWk.png

:-(

e- Interception 2. The southern area is almost done. Yes, the map will probably be twice this big when it is done.

JNievVy.png

Edited by NeedHealth

1 hour ago, zodiac said:

The last one is playable, a short & crispy challenge to start the City segment after finishing the last 'episode' by death exit.

What's up with the sketchy download site? Use something more secure and trusted around here like Dropbox or Mediafire.

1 hour ago, bioshockfan90 said:

What's up with the sketchy download site? Use something more secure and trusted around here like Dropbox or Mediafire.

I'm curious, what are you seeing that's sketchy? I've had better experience with it than either of the above - Dropbox will sometimes halt my uploads and downloads (rare but annoying), and Mediafire is worse than Datafilehost with popups for me (I have a popup blocker, but MF sometimes gets through).

Howdy y'all.  I've been a member on the forum for ages but have either been involved in Doom 3 Phobos or simply lurking.  I've released maps for a few id games but only relatively recently have I actually made anything for Doom 2.  

I've been working on and off (mostly off) on my 2nd D2 map for for the better part of 3 years.  Originally designed as a 'guest appearance by the teacher' secret level for a megawad my students were developing for a college project.  I've since moved on and it sat shelved for about a year until recently I decided I'd like to finish it before moving onto any other projects.

Anyway, below's an editor shot of it's current state.  The design revolves around accessing three switches in a central hub in order to reach the exit.  Getting to each of the aforementioned switches will play out like it's own level with a distinct visual and gameplay feel.  Many of the other levels I've made have been more linear than I really am happy with, so a major design goal for this one is to encourage and reward exploration.

The critical path is blocked out, with side areas and shortcuts yet to be added.  Once I've hooked up the gameplay logic allowing for start-to-finish gameplay flow I'll go about adding monsters and detailing.  

As is evident, the left side is the least developed, but I've been making great progress recently and aim to release this year.  More coming soon, including some actual screenshots once a couple areas are polished up a bit.

image.png.65a566adbb050516f32ed7eda2d9baad.png

Edited by bkt

Early pic of my second level. This one takes place in a gothic style cathedral built into the side of a mountain, inspired by Petra. The main plan for this level is having the player lower the statue in the nave to get to the last part of the map.

kurlil.png

2 hours ago, bkt said:

Originally designed as a 'guest appearance by the teacher' secret level for a megawad my students were developing for a college project.

Ok that's fucking awesome. Almost makes me wish I was back at university

Almost (having money is good)