Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

That looks awesome as all, @BKT. Really curious to see it in action 🙂

It's been a long while since I've worked on anything due to some RL health issues. Figured I'd start simple and work up...

I'm still boxing out my level, I'm about 5 hours in as of right now. Not much to show, but I'm chipping away at it. >_>

f8iENNf.png?1

Approach

4agwmaT.jpg

Something familiar

J2VPK3N.jpg

GinNUny.jpg

8 hours ago, jointritual said:

@Bridgeburner56 shouldn’t those crosses be inverted in your last screen? Other than that it looks sufficiently hellish.

"The Hell Design Review Committee has finished it's appraisal of your design"

"Yes ..."

"Well, it's just not sufficiently Hellish"

"What"

"It falls short of the criteria we put forward in the design brief"

"It's a lake of blood bristling with arcane structures and home to 2000 demons"

"Even so"

"Sigh. OK"

*goes back and adds 50 more demon face marble textures. Inverts ALL the crosses*

But in seriousness that is a good point

I thought I should post a couple pictures of a map I'm working on with MAYhem2018 Purple resources. I'm having a lot of fun with the new textures and custom monsters. The map is about 45-50% complete. I started it on May 4th.

oU1lSph.png

J9ZUDCj.png

The map is meant to be compact and small with a bit of chaos. Still need to add/fix little details, like the light coming from the pillar in the 2nd pic above. I've started on several maps in UDMF but never finished them, but I'm aiming to complete this one in BOOM format. Even if it takes me past the deadline due to my mapping inexperience.

Edited by Swalzi : Added the color of MAYhem2018 I'm editing with.

Finally starting some work on the next (and probably central) part of my map. Here's a little look at it so far!Builder_2018-05-13_02-40-25.png.0a41b0499254452de0caa846f5d43b0b.pngBuilder_2018-05-13_02-40-16.png.754dd3b7bdca254b1501cfb2a33b4047.png

still working on my last level of Revenge of Evil, this time showing a progress of the boss of this hell level, the maledict.

Still actively adding more to this spot, but I'd say this is good progress. I'll allow you the freedom of guessing what else I did!

image.png.1e755c0176374b5b6fb27d7311ebe319.png

What little I've got so far from my map for Zekhmet.

SvdsfOS.png

ybKDvlR.png

Those columns raise when they're shot, and the switches in the corners re-lower them.

B5WNRRk.png

Just an idea of the platforming to come, among other things.

I shouldn't be working on this but I had some inspiration for layout changes so I've hacked them in. Back to the other WAD I'm trying to finish.

Screenshot from 2018-05-15 20-29-19.png

Edit to add a picture of the WAD I *should* be working on (progress/detail in this thread)

doom00.png.82e930e3593b8a81ba40d82b0db47223.png

Edited by Jon

Where the sky is flipped it looks a little bit like an anus in the sky... Otherwise it all looks good. :P

1 hour ago, DOOMGABR[RU] said:

MAP01.png

I saw similar room in one old map. Anyway nice screenies i like them.

No photo in here, but I'm working on a 500+ map monstrosity of primitive bad levels from years ago as a bonus hidden level hub to a real level I plan on releasing

mostly circa 1995

Some Interception II map screenshots (very, very rough)...

Map05:

Spoiler

5KZjhGY.png

OEU6RLX.png

rPK9BNF.png

Map12:

Spoiler

bkq9Fit.png

PYsZotN.png

vKgrTes.png

In case you did not read the thread (I hope you do not take this as a spoiler D':)

Here I left you my WAD that will have 32 levels (I'm working on the difficulty still) the videos that you see are not definitive, they will change in a future.

Just finished the last map for Moonblood X :D

So far it's going to be 23 levels (2 no-gameplay levels + 2 secrets + 19 standard ones).

There's still a lot to do, though. I'll have to compose and fix some MIDI's, add secret areas and test the whole thing several times.

Hopefully, by the end of this month I'll have a beta avaliable

Not sure when my new map is going to be ready. I'm a slow but steady mapper. Hopefully I'm done before the end of summer. 

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-32-47.710 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-33-49.716 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-35-40.131 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-38-22.373 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-43-51.800 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-45-27.396 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-47-16.686 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-47-46.162 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-49-19.842 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-52-38.544 [R2787].jpg

Phobos at 2018.05.18 17-56-03.513 [R2787].jpg

Here is something I can hopefully finish in time for the orange version of Mayhem. I have secretly wanted to make a Scythe-style cave which sticks to one main colour scheme:

psQQywk.png

I'm lagging behind and to keep myself on track, I've decided to post the evolution of an area of the map I've been working on. It's nice to keep backups for progression which I'll probably delete after the map is finished.

D5yjGaH.png

Spoiler

7nQcZ9z.png

hP5nGI9.png

UMB9jE9.png

I went a bit outside my comfort zone and I'm glad I did. I had a hard time visualizing the area as I haven't played a lot of outdoor maps that were memorable. I used Map17 (Canyon of Blood) from Scythe 2 as a reference for the use of vertices outdoors and outdoors in general. Lowering the brightness from 192 to 176 for this area could be a good idea as it looks kind of bad in software rendering.

This major encounter is pretty much finished at this point, but I like to experiment with Action 19 tricks here. Some of the enemy positions can see through the waterfall cave even with Ambush property set and will happily walk down to the entry the player goes through. I need to test with NoClip then NoTarget in GZDoom to see the agitators. Make sure to fully move around that area where the enemies spot the player through the cave.

Edited by Swalzi

5 hours ago, DOOMGABR[RU] said:

Cool stuff. Is this mappack has DW topic?

"Is this mappack has DW topic?"......um, sorry? Not sure what the question means. DW=DoomWorld?

He might be referring to whether or not the megawad he's talking about has it's own topic, for others to post on.