Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

11 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Building this area hurt my head a little bit

"pic"

Bridgeburner86's Spirit world?

The Age of Hell looks really epic so far! One thing tho: while i'm really intrigued to see an entire mapset devoted to hell, these start to look, how do i put it, a bit samey. I hope you have plans to make Hell look varied! At least imo. Once again, you are doing godly work!

29 minutes ago, Catpho said:

@Deadwing Have you tried ripping Plutonia 2 and Plutonia Revisited Community Project?

Oh yeah, there's some cool textures here, but not much >.<

I've found @Jimmy's texture pack too. Hopefully he'll let me use some of the textures on this pack D:

@Deadwing The texture pack is not officially released yet, as me and 40oz both have a map each left todo for the project, but I will message him and ask.

Regarding P2 and PRCP textures, I haven't looked at them recently so perhaps there is some good extras in there you can use as Catpho has pointed out.

Plutonia's base jungle textures are rather good and plentiful, a few recolours etc to boost the range would work well. Get a few browns in there! 

4 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

What I'm trying to achieve (and whether I succeed remains to be seen) s an overall consistent theme (Hell) with each level having it's own 'flavour'. In order to not fall into making the same map over and over again I try to go into each map with a colour scheme or broad inspiration. With 32 maps there is going to be some points that I struggle with ideas but there are quite a few texture combos that I have deliberately avoided to save them for later levels. I also have standard tropes that will appear in most maps but what mapper doesn't have their own techniques that they always use (you will see lots of pillars, shadows, curves and sets of stairs)

This is freaking beautiful work, Bridge. I am so looking forward to this!

50 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

One more for the night.

That's glorious. I made it my desktop background.

What texture pack are you using?

23 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That's glorious. I made it my desktop background.

What texture pack are you using?

It's a combination of Quake 1 and 2 high res packs, Ogro, GothicDM, Ultratex, and possibly a few others.

@Dragonfly @YukiRaven @Bridgeburner56 Thanks for the tips and links. I'm going to download them all.

And keep pumping out the beautiful screenshots. Makes me think I'll have to do some GZDoom mapping in the not so distant future. In the meantime. I'll get a nice selection of desktop wallpapers. ;)

12 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Map 04- Blood temple

Screenshot_Doom_20180513_102932.png

I should get a house there.

Just now, Agent6 said:

I should get a house there.

Unfortunately there are currently no vacancies. However, there has been a recent spate of "rocket in face" syndrome afflicting the residents which may lead to a space opening up. We will put you on the waiting list for tenancy and call you if something opens up.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:18 PM, AustroDoomer said:

I am currently reworking a very old megawad for doom, here some screens from E2M2

doom01.png

doom05.png

doom06.png

Definitely getting some really good vanilia doom vibes from this! nice job!

On 6/3/2018 at 9:16 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Building this area hurt my head a little bit

Screenshot_Doom_20180603_233440.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180603_233103.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180603_233324.png

Megawad_at_2018_06_03_23_38_45_494_R3027

This is like....like...the spirit world....on crack.....I'm in love.

This is a large WIP vanilla compatible map I´m currently working on.  Don´t worry, I know the sky is broken (it´s just a placeholder).

Screenshot_Doom_20180605_233523.png.2c4b1e09a8a8baaf51be51a79760f44d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180605_233626.png.84424fb623952e63fffd31d3e424267d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180605_233558.png.deb6f2598033b3de194f02b6dd3b242c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180605_233654.png.f136d0776c76019bc27c86553815e143.png

@NeedHealth There are a couple misalignments in that screenshot:

1259856329_NeedHealthsmap.png.78cf96486bc748157ecd6e6f9c7decf0.png

On the left, the panels are all aligned from the back to the drain, but then the panels are lower. On the right, the green panel under that window with the tech texture is not lined up with the other panels. This one could probably be fixed with Lower Unpegged, unless that panel moves. If you pay attention to details like these, the map will look more like it is a real place. Otherwise, I like what I see.

I just noticed that the window on the left could use Lower Unpegged, too.

12 minutes ago, Empyre said:

@NeedHealth There are a couple misalignments in that screenshot:

1259856329_NeedHealthsmap.png.78cf96486bc748157ecd6e6f9c7decf0.png

On the left, the panels are all aligned from the back to the drain, but then the panels are lower. On the right, the green panel under that window with the tech texture is not lined up with the other panels. This one could probably be fixed with Lower Unpegged, unless that panel moves. If you pay attention to details like these, the map will look more like it is a real place. Otherwise, I like what I see.

I just noticed that the window on the left could use Lower Unpegged, too.

Thank you! I'll remember to fix those when I have time to map again.