Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

at an extremely graybox point in the mapping process for this but here's a gazebo that took me way too long to try to do :P 

Screenshot_Doom_20180722_174342.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180722_174351.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180722_201707.png

Edited by Major Arlene : updated for aesthetics

3 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

HBVZEuh.png

vpIHbNN.png

Looks a lot like Quake I. Was that your intention?

Either way, looks good!

14 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

at an extremely graybox point in the mapping process for this but here's a gazebo that took me way too long to try to do :P 

Would you describe it as... insane?

6 hours ago, Gez said:

Would you describe it as... insane?

If you look at the wireframe and the 10 different dummy sectors, I would say yes :P 

On 7/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, Gez said:

You should team up with @Impie. I think it'd be right up his alley, what with his Ghoul School and Killer Tomato mods.

Damn I'm really late to reply to this xd , but I think not . I'm a very messy project leader and have a very strict core design for this mod, so I prefer to do it personally.

I give my life, not for honor, but for you
In my time, there'll be no one else
Crime, it's the way I fly to you
I'm still in a dream!

SSSSS  N       N         A       K     K  EEEEE     EEEEE     A       TTTTT  EEEEE  RRR      !

S          NN     N       A A    K   K    E             E           A  A        T      E         R    R    !

SSSSS  N   N  N     AAAAA   KK      EEEEE      EEEEE  AAAAA     T      EEEEE  RRR      !

S  N    NN     A       A  K   K    E             E         A     A      T      E         R    R     

SSSSS  N       N    A        A  K     K  EEEEE     EEEEE  A     A      T      EEEEE  R      R  !

SNAKE_EATER.png.03c3f32a8bbf03b91046e20b6d525726.png

15 hours ago, masaa12 said:

Hi all!

I discovered this forum just few years ago and I've been lurking since. But at this point I couldn't resist the urge to go a bit deeper.

Awesome stuff here. I'm taking some babysteps in map making too. First taste of doom was in the mid 90's with my dads Macintosh, and since then I've been playing doom more or less. Anyways I got interested in map making and I'm slowly learning the tricks involved in this fine craft.

So the map theme is going to be a long forgotten techbase slowly overrun by hell. Monster count shouldn't be too high as I'm mostly aiming to do tough little fights in tight spaces with fun monster combinations. (Not a huge fun of slaughter maps, although I'm really enjoying Ancient aliens right now)

Idea is that you're sent to investigate what went wrong here after the UAC did a little field trip to this place and they didn't bother coming back home.

Anyways, there's still lot of work to be done. Lots of detailing and lighting and few more areas to build from the ground up. And probably some re-texturing too.

But that's enough talking. Here's a few screens, hope you like it. All the criticism and ideas are more than welcome.

Hide contents

I like the architecture, and suspect that the map will have a good atmosphere.  My main criticism is that there isn't much height variation on floors, maybe the detailing phase would be a good opportunity to address that.

@masaa12 Looks great so far! Keep us updated. I am doing my very first map ever as well and thus am keenly interested in how yours will turn out. I love tech bases. :D

On 7/24/2018 at 9:50 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

Does concept art count? Credit to the amazing Varindead

P7uIFGH.jpg

can you tell I like Wolfenstein: The New Order?

Err no thanks

a shitty fan game of a game jam 2d zelda game i was in the speedrunning scene of for a while.

unknown.png

unknown.png

im not happy with it but im having a lot of fun and learning a lot about decorate since i hadnt used it before, especially when making this terrible sword:

EDIT: also i struggle sticking to progress, this is the furthest i have gotten in a project of any kind in a good long while now and i dont want to just lose motivation and drop it, any advice for this?

Edited by _reallyTired