Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

@_reallyTired    Dedicate a specific time for editing and stick to it (even if it's just an hour).   Treat it like a job (as awful as that sounds) and push through any mental crap that gets in the way of working on your project; soon enough you'll have results.  If you aren't feeling creative; then playtest it, do texture alignments, or something else that is normally tedious that you would otherwise put off with regards to the level/project.   Make a "To Do" list and go to that when you hit a dry spell.  Keep working at it and soon enough you'll get through the dry spell and be re-invigorated.  It's a process that will have highs and lows during the project; the trick is to keep working.

52 minutes ago, joepallai said:

@_reallyTired    Dedicate a specific time for editing and stick to it (even if it's just an hour).   Treat it like a job (as awful as that sounds) and push through any mental crap that gets in the way of working on your project; soon enough you'll have results.  If you aren't feeling creative; then playtest it, do texture alignments, or something else that is normally tedious that you would otherwise put off with regards to the level/project.   Make a "To Do" list and go to that when you hit a dry spell.  Keep working at it and soon enough you'll get through the dry spell and be re-invigorated.  It's a process that will have highs and lows during the project; the trick is to keep working.

Hmm, okay, so just make it a constant instead of a thing I do as I want to?

44 minutes ago, Skag1337 said:

Making a Heretic alternative.

Got anything to show yet?

6 minutes ago, Skag1337 said:

got a photo right here!  Don't mind some of the badly palletted stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

Ay nice man, I don't think I see much stuff being made for or about the other doom engine games, nice to see a bit of love for them

1 minute ago, _reallyTired said:

Ay nice man, I don't think I see much stuff being made for or about the other doom engine games, nice to see a bit of love for them

Thanks so much! Will put you in the credits!

14 minutes ago, Skag1337 said:

Thanks so much! Will put you in the credits!

No no, don't be silly, no need for that at all, just link me when you have a demo or something if you remember 

I'm currently working on a mod based on the NARC arcade game called "Drug Buster". It's my first dip into ZScript, so it should be good. It's a work in progress; I haven't even worked on the weapons.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180727_235657.png.8b240bbabcae4a4516201e428118d67d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180727_235837.png.590e4d89bee51ddd4a4df9fd7eaa7e1c.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_000019.png.4034dfe3013fab2c82fb954e5406cea9.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_000326.png.2d6c8153c28e0022a731ea07cbeeb30c.png

Secret monster because I'm an antibrony shhhh

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180728_000629.png.88d474889965e32f76aa221a6fa71ba0.png

Just your friendly neighbourhood underground hell portal, and its friendly neighbourhood demonic guardians...

(Depths of Insanity, XMAP04, UV skill. The Doom II hell sky in the background is temporary, I'll make a proper one later)

depths4-1.PNG.a832526fb1c12e39f4700fd00c24067b.PNG

14 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Tinkering with the opening to the second map in the Fire episode of Elementalism.  Not finished yet, but getting there I think,

Woah man that's fuckin dope, what kind of gameplay is on offer in your wad? Kinda looks like it might be a slow atmospheric puzzle kinda thing but also looks like it could be some really well crafted doom or quake style stuff

28 minutes ago, _reallyTired said:

Woah man that's fuckin dope, what kind of gameplay is on offer in your wad? Kinda looks like it might be a slow atmospheric puzzle kinda thing but also looks like it could be some really well crafted doom or quake style stuff

It's from Elementalism.  The plan is classic Doom gameplay, just combined with more unusual maps.

48 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Tinkering with the opening to the second map in the Fire episode of Elementalism.  Not finished yet, but getting there bit by bit.

Ooo it's nice.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:40 PM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

It's also handy that I learned it's possible to flip textures using negative scaling. 

And now I have learned this also

8 hours ago, riderr3 said:

Some details on my upcoming Boom-format megawad mapset. 17 maps is anyways can be called a megawad, especially when they mostly large and complex.
So I've reveal the final title...
Adonis: Escape from Urania

This looks fucking dope, can't wait to try it out, hope it's not too tough for me. haha

I'm nearly there with the geometry/layout; The last structure I have to finish is also the biggest one!

draco.png.ff2d92d10379f7f6fd8279f4cb194a00.png

^ Pretty awesome, I think I'm seeing a dragon or something on the left.

Welcome to Hell.

(There'll be a gate in front of you, and weapons of course, but I took the screenshot before I could make those)

depths5-1.PNG.548cd2328601ee30ee65b6b3aad6164f.PNG

Slowly getting there, next step is to learn some basic scripting, which sounds new and intimidating. Can't be that hard, right?

Here's a few screens:

Spoiler

YysDyaZ.png?1

raTp3qf.png?1

f6XwWgs.png?1

Going with Doom2 textures, and just using a few. Trying to keep the look simple and easy to look at.

On 7/28/2018 at 8:54 PM, riderr3 said:

Some details on my upcoming Boom-format megawad mapset. 17 maps is anyways can be called a megawad, especially when they mostly large and complex.
So I've reveal the final title...
Adonis: Escape from Urania

Urania was a masterpiece for me, dude. Shame it didn't win a cacoward. Glad you are making a sequel.

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

Urania was a masterpiece for me, dude. Shame it didn't win a cacoward. Glad you are making a sequel.

As time has shown, Urania is a megawad which not everyone will like, but the remaining minority will find a lot of interesting in this.
Adonis planned to be more balanced in terms of monsters, layouts and progression, but at the same time retain prior challenge.

Edited by riderr3