Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Map 6, "Touchdown in Five", of my personal project. The first time I've drew out a layout before I've created the map. It's not one-for-one, as some changes were made during the mapping process, but I think it turned out pretty well.

I do realise maybe there were better colour options than yellow for some of the triggers shown in the drawing.

Fun fact: the slime pit on the outside of the ring was originally inescapable until I realised how unenjoyable it is to be propelled into the drink by a Cybie. Or actually, I was planning on making the entire floor a set of UDMF floor portals, which would take you down to a little bit of scenery... and instant death. I didn't do that because I was too lazy, however.

607719410_d26-1drawing.jpg.d6794726ac8f2ab6645b7e854e56aae2.jpg

1240235696_d26-1.PNG.d87641b3db63a652496311075c25dec6.PNG

On 9/19/2018 at 3:51 PM, Dude27th said:

Are you KIDDING ME? Please drop me a line if you need someone to playtest!

So the wad I've been working on, and posting screenshots of, is finally done, and released:

Shameless plug ;)

On 9/21/2018 at 3:10 AM, Impie said:

Are you KIDDING ME? Please drop me a line if you need someone to playtest!

I'm planning on having a Beta release for this Halloween actually :3 and start updating monthly or bi-monthly from there. 
Because realistically speaking "55 Levels of Terror" it would take me an eternity to make by myself , so I'm focusing first on having the mechanics working and to make most of the stuff of the mod like "modding friendly" in case someone have better implementations of the mechanics , or want to include custom stuff into the mod. For community input in general . If that not happens I'm just going to still make it, just is going to take more time .

2 hours ago, Dude27th said:

I'm planning on having a Beta release for this Halloween actually :3 and start updating monthly or bi-monthly from there. 
Because realistically speaking "55 Levels of Terror" it would take me an eternity to make by myself , so I'm focusing first on having the mechanics working and to make most of the stuff of the mod like "modding friendly" in case someone have better implementations of the mechanics , or want to include custom stuff into the mod. For community input in general . If that not happens I'm just going to still make it, just is going to take more time .

I thought about doing the same with this idiotic thing I experimented on this week.

5 hours ago, Impie said:

I thought about doing the same with this idiotic thing I experimented on this week.

What the hell did I just watch ? xD

But yeah , and it should be easy to make maps for it considering that the maps don't have altitude like in the Wolfenstein engine.
Also [after 5 minutes of research] , it should be cool if you get to implement the money system and the other mechanics of it :3

6 hours ago, Dude27th said:

What the hell did I just watch ? xD

But yeah , and it should be easy to make maps for it considering that the maps don't have altitude like in the Wolfenstein engine.
Also [after 5 minutes of research] , it should be cool if you get to implement the money system and the other mechanics of it :3

Yeah, and there's a let's play that i can use to rebuild the maps with a few liberties taken.

I don't want to do an exact remake though. I had the idea that you would upgrade the weapons to be more powerful if you had enough money like in Gradius or something. Bigger, more explosive water balloons, throwing more bars of soap at once, etc.

Right now (probably not interested) i am working on map 21 of djinn, i am in hell trying to understand what the hell i am doing! couple of screens, please don't insult me :(map21.jpg.9f54f675a97a1ec115eb8da16a0f187a.jpg154883994_map212.jpg.96e60fa8975026dceb13d9e917ab9abe.jpg

1 hour ago, Impie said:

Yeah, and there's a let's play that i can use to rebuild the maps with a few liberties taken.

I don't want to do an exact remake though. I had the idea that you would upgrade the weapons to be more powerful if you had enough money like in Gradius or something. Bigger, more explosive water balloons, throwing more bars of soap at once, etc.

Nice idea but where do you upgrade them?Would there be a screen for it or a shop in the level/between levels?

Looks sharp to me. I like the texture variation you've got going on.

I want to suggest, however, that if you're going to use reflective planes, make sure they're joined so you have as few as possible, to reduce performance load.

Oh yeah, I guess I will remove them completely. I really, really, really like that effect, especially on blood or glossy marble, but I guess it's just not worth it. :D But yeah, gotta focus more on interesting encounters anyway.

Must... not... get... carried... away... by... detailing!

5 hours ago, SOSU said:

Nice idea but where do you upgrade them?Would there be a screen for it or a shop in the level/between levels?

Same as where you'd buy the ammo, the vending machine.

Interesting to note, they do have weapon/ammo pickup sprites that were never used.

7 hours ago, Impie said:

Yeah , if there is room for improvement why not ? :D 

Also I would suggest unlockable different alternate fires, like a bar of soap just slidding through the floor, or extra bouncy water ballons. But I guess that should require diferent enemy types as well ... At least the pig looks like a flying enemy :p

1 hour ago, Dude27th said:

Yeah , if there is room for improvement why not ? :D 

Also I would suggest unlockable different alternate fires, like a bar of soap just slidding through the floor, or extra bouncy water ballons. But I guess that should require diferent enemy types as well ... At least the pig looks like a flying enemy :p

I half-considered some enemy variants too. That'd be easier, though, if slade had the HURL color palette.

SLADE 3 copy paste feature + MAP07 triggers + a whole hell of a lot of Mancubi and Arachnotrons + a few Arch-Viles and Cybies = slaughtermap

Surprisingly fun to play as well, probably because I don't give the player a BFG so they can't spam it.

https://gyazo.com/580873a0c1efb46ef03ff8070bc63696

I'd post the actual image instead of a Gyazo link, but the attachment quota exists and most of the attachments I have I don't want to delete.

our sonic resource pack is slowly coming together, Everything you will see in these video(s) will be as simply as just placing the actor down and zscript will handle the rest. no acs trickery required! :D

On 9/23/2018 at 11:53 PM, NoReason said:

Some maps I've been working on, pulled most of the textures from cc4-tex and slaughterfest3 although a few I just made by changing the colors of a vanilla texture. I know that's pretty lazy but if I had more time to dedicate to these maps I'd be more thorough. (That being said, some textures will be changed by the time I release the maps since they're placeholders).

these look really excellent :D love the varied environments and geometry, looks fun to play already mate