Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

40 minutes ago, Empyre said:

@elend To make your in-editor screenshots look better, press H to get rid of the highlighting and press T twice to get rid of the boxes around the things. This will make the map look more like it would in-game. After you take the screenshots, press H and T again to bring it back to normal.

Other than that, your screenshots look awesome!

Oh, haha, I did not know these shortcuts yet. Thanks for that. Although, those are just random work in progress screenshots and things might change anyway. But turning highlights of can be helpful, definitely can use that in the future.

21 hours ago, elend said:

Well, some hellish stuff I am working on at the moment. Those Revenants are waiting for a fist fight. My bet is on the Revenant.

Map_01.jpg

Map_02.jpg

Map_03.jpg

I love the first pic, the architecture is just gorgeous.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:56 AM, elend said:

Well, some hellish stuff I am working on at the moment. Those Revenants are waiting for a fist fight. My bet is on the Revenant.

Map_01.jpg

Map_02.jpg

Map_03.jpg

Those are some sexy screens

Little play-around for my personal project's MAP08. What's behind the player here is a linedef which teleports monsters to a voodoo doll that telefrags the player, including the spawn of the (immobilised) Pain Elementals shown here.

Of course, this is a very early in development screenie here - everything from sky, to textures, to the amount of enemies present is subject to change. Might throw in a few Chaingunners for the sake of being evil.

EDIT: Apologies for the Berserk tint.

d2 8-1.PNG

Edited by Novaseer

No pictures, but I'm doing something different. Every map I've made, I'd do the layout and detailing first, leaving monster placement last. This meant I made the monster placement fit the layout I mapped. I'm doing a map now, where the monster placement is being done first, with very minimal detailing (less than Doom 1 quality). The added benefit is that if I abandon this at some point, I have the monsters down and it will at least play well. I might do another thing differently, it might be a shorter map. I'll see where it goes.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:25 PM, Marlamir said:

(hyped voice) so... are you gonna do it?

Making the layout with stock resources would be a simple matter, but an authentic reproduction would require extensive texture and sprite work.

Im thinking of making a doom wad with 9 (one is a secret map) maps but im not sure what to call it.

2 minutes ago, Doomsdλy1993 said:

Im thinking of making a doom wad with 9 (one is a secret map) maps but im not sure what to call it.

If we could see some screenshots, I'm fairly certain somebody on this forum will be creative enough to come up with a name for it.

1 hour ago, Megalyth said:

Making the layout with stock resources would be a simple matter, but an authentic reproduction would require extensive texture and sprite work.

That really sound unnecessarily time consuming.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:51 PM, Novaseer said:

Little play-around for my personal project's MAP08. What's behind the player here is a linedef which teleports monsters to a voodoo doll that telefrags the player, including the spawn of the (immobilised) Pain Elementals shown here.

Monsters cannot telefrag the player except on MAP30. Unless you use ZDoom and then you can enable it on other maps with a MAPINFO keyword. 

6 hours ago, Gez said:

Monsters cannot telefrag the player except on MAP30. Unless you use ZDoom and then you can enable it on other maps with a MAPINFO keyword. 

I enabled it with MAPINFO. Trust me.

Some half decent amatuer stuff I'm working on, nothing special, but lots of puke green.

k2Uecr4.png?1EkhZWNG.pngxhF8izl.pngiWJgDjT.png

Dear lord, what is this sector madness? Amazing. How does this look ingame? Why are they unreleased, they look quite okay from above. :D

Thanks... they look "acceptable" ingame. (some screens can be found earlier in this thread - like page 40 or something) Theres nothing stopping the release as such.... im just waiting on a friend who is making some similarly obnoxious maps so they can all be released together in one go :)

I still feel like this place is missing something yet i don't know what, does someone have some ideas?

Screenshot_Doom_20181009_131037.png.dd855654c9c94fc18bfe72a3b8d82b38.png

3 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

I still feel like this place is missing something yet i don't know what, does someone have some ideas?

Screenshot_Doom_20181009_131037.png.dd855654c9c94fc18bfe72a3b8d82b38.png

maybe that back wall at the beginning of the stairs could use a lamp or decoration of some sort

We have the same feelings but i'm not sure what is should be to not destroy the look of it. Not sure if light or lamp will destroy look of it. Ohh why my brain have holliday? :) I feel like the biggest problem is the ceiling but since is underground window will not work.